Amazon Orders

WinnipegDragon

First Post
I just sent this off to Amazon.ca, so we will see if I get a response:

It seems as though several people are having trouble in finding out when they are going to be receiving the newly revised D&D core books from Amazon.ca. No one on any of the forums I frequent have an accurate delivery estimate (mine says 16th-22nd of April?), even though Amazon.com is shipping these books currently (as is Walmart, Barnes and Noble, etc...)

Considering that all three of these books are in the top 20 for sales rank on your site right now, I would imagine that you would be on top of the shipping situation, but it's ahrd to tell from the information given on your site. Can you give me a reasonable estimate for a delivery date, or should I be ordering this from your US branch or a competitor instead?

edit: I TRIED to send this off to them, but their web form just hangs. Perhpas it sent, perhaps it didn't?

Last edited:

Dr. Zoom

First Post
I ordered two sets Sunday evening and I just got the confirmation email that my order has shipped. I should get my books on Thursday! :cool:

dsfriii

First Post
I should have mine by tomorrow. Got upgrade to 2 day delivery when I complained about not getting the books when they first qouted me.

Happy, Happy...

Vocenoctum

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wal-Mart Rulz! Amazon Droolz!

Kastil said:

Technically you're saving around 37%. The first 30% of their standard discount comes off and then the additional 10% off of that.

True enough. I paid 56.62 total. They upgraded me to second day when I emailed asking where they were.
So, I'll have them Thur, since they shipped Tuesday. Of course, today is my day off...

I sent another person a Share The Love, I'm not sure what I got from that too.

Walmart just turns me off for whatever reason. Perhaps it's the horrid nature of their stores down here. I also think it's telling that you'll most likely never see any of these books in their stores, they're most likely just using another company for order fulfillment.
I like buy.com and amazon.com, but get a lot of my stuff from Stiggybabys.com anyway.

Hey Winnipeg, did you get a response?

Anyway I just sent Amazon an email, once I figured how to do so. (You have to go through several help pages, and then click a button - they don't let you e-mail them from "off-site").

WinnipegDragon

First Post
Yup, finally got one :)

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.ca.

I have investigated your order, and it appears that the estimated
shipment and delivery dates listed on your order confirmation e-mail
are incorrect. I apologize for any concern these erroneous dates
may have caused. Our developers are currently working to correct
the technical error that caused these dates to be miscalculated.

Rest assured that your order is progressing normally and should be
shipped from the Assured Logistics fulfillment centre once all of the
books in your order have been released.

I have asked our ordering department to check into this situation
further. We will contact you again via e-mail if we have any
problem obtaining these items.

We will send our usual e-mail to confirm when the order has been
shipped.

I hope this information helps put your mind at ease. Thank you again
for contacting us at Amazon.ca.

Translation: Everything is fine. Trust us. Pay no attention to the people behind the curtains.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Got my PHB, MM and DMG today.

Of course my left eye is infected and covered with a patch so it's rough reading. It has not been a good week.

der_kluge

Adventurer
According to the tracking thing, my PHB and DMG should arrive today. Probably will get the MM Thursday or maybe Friday.

Of course, then my wife calls and tells me that we're going over to the neighbors for dinner, so I probably won't get any chance to look over them tonight. Drat!

Lola

First Post
The UPS page claims my books will get here tomorrow. Whee! As I also ordered 2 other books I've been drooling over, this will be a happy, happy package to open.

Remove ads