Amazon Orders

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Just to be clear:

A "street date" is the earliest date that you're allowed to get the books in the hands of your customers.

It is not the earliest date you can start shipping orders. As long as those orders don't arrive before the street date, everything is cool.

For example: The PHB has a street date of 7/16. If Amazon ships you your book on 7/10 (knowing that it won't arrive until 7/16 then it has not broken street date.

The distributor probably wouldn't ship to Talon because Talon is both a physical store and a web store. If Talon got books before the street date, then he could sell to his physical customers before the street date. Not that he would (Derek is a good guy), but the distributor has no control over that.

The .coms routinely get music, videos, games, and books before the street date because shipping times ensure that customers won't get product before the street date--even if the .coms ship "early"*.

Just wanted to clear that up.

-z

*Of course, accidents happen and sometimes a customer will get something a little early, or a little late. That's the uncertain nature of shipping physical goods across the country/world.

PS: "release date" and "street date" are two seperate terms, with different meanings.

Seule

Explorer
Alright. I just checked, and Amazon.ca is still listing my books (all three) with: Delivery estimate: 4 February - 10 February

Has anyone using Amazon.ca actually had books ship without poking them with a stick? I'll do it if I have to, but I still have hope...

--Seule

Kastil

Explorer
So I waited with baited breath for that "Items Shipped" to come and when it did, I was like a kid waiting to hear the ice cream truck coming down the street.

Look! Look! They're at a post office only two hours away! They'll be here tomorrow! This was me on Tuesday.

Wednesday I get home and my husband said he couldn't remember my Amazon password to check at the status of the order lunch time. No problem, I'll check now. What's that, dearest husband? I don't need to?

Sweet tap dancing Tymora! You opened my mail, you bastard! Give us the precious!!!

::sniffs loudly:: Ah...the smell of freshly inked papers......

Seriously, will I use the new books? At this point, I'd say no but like my morning coffee, I had to have them and when they get a decent character generator for this lazy soul, I'll give it a whack. Go Code Monkey Pub.!

physics_ninja

First Post
I've been following the tracking on mine, all three books (shipped together according to Amazon), the results so far .....

1. Scanned in at someplace, Kentucky on July 12.
2. Received billing information at "US" on July 14.
3. Amazon tells me that they have shipped early in the morning on July 15.
4. Today, July 16, they are in Vernon, CA.

5. I'm in Tucson, AZ, so there is a good chance they flew over my head sometime during the week as they went from Kentucky to California.

6. I'm really hoping that Ground UPS will get them to me by Friday morning. Actually, I'm hoping for tomorrow, but that is a lot of ground to cover in 24 hours.

BTW, does anybody know what is meant by "US"?

dsfriii

First Post
Well,

I got my books yesterday. I live fairly close to their Delware distrobution center. So even with free shipping I get most orders in two days.

Me:
I want to buy the DnD revision books (the set of three),
which are supposed to be released on Friday, July the 18th.

This site says that the books are not available yet. They are
available in the United States and United Kingdom already.

I'm not sure what to make of this. Doesn't the Canadian branch import
books from the United States?

Amazon:
Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.ca.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by the estimated availability
listed for this item on Amazon.ca. Availabilities do fluctuate, so
you may want to check back to see if our estimated availability for
this item has changed.

Please note that our international web sites operate independently
of each other. The items offered on each site are obtained from
different suppliers, publishers, and distributors, relative to
the country from which the item originates. We cannot transfer
inventory from one fulfillment centre to another in a different
country.

Items ordered from one of our other Amazon sites will be sent from
that country, so international shipping costs and possible customs
fees will apply if you live in Canada.

I hope this information helps. Thank you for shopping at Amazon.ca.

Remove ads