Amazon Orders

Byrns

First Post
Amazon.ca has now changed the listing to read "Usually ships within 24 hours" on all the books...

I still haven't recieved my shipping notice yet.

ThirdWizard

First Post
I got my books from Amazon.com yesterday, and the PHB has faulty printing! The glossary is all binded too low into the book with the bottom cut out, and half the spell pages aren't cut from each other at the top of the pages! And there's this weird color scheme going on at the top.

*sigh* Anyone else have faulty books?

Seule

Explorer
Alright, I sent Amazon.ca an email this morning about the projected ship date in February on my order, and although the release date of the books has now changed, the ship date of my order hasn't. If I haven't heard within 24 hours (they say they can usually respond by then) I'll email them again.

--Seule

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
ThirdWizard said:
I got my books from Amazon.com yesterday, and the PHB has faulty printing! The glossary is all binded too low into the book with the bottom cut out, and half the spell pages aren't cut from each other at the top of the pages! And there's this weird color scheme going on at the top.

*sigh* Anyone else have faulty books?

Cool! You've got a "collector's edition"! I bet it's worth $50!

Seriously, I wonder if faulty print runs increase the value of books, as they do in the comic book world?

Also seriously: some folks would "return" that book to a local Borders or Wal-Mart for an echange. No receipt needed.

-z

heirodule

First Post
heirodule said:
My order says they shipped Monday, but the carrier is "Ship Carrier" and there is no tracking.

I wonder what this means.

Apparently it means this:

"Greetings from Amazon.com.

We've just discovered that there was a shipping mix-up with your
order for:

Player's Handbook: Core Rulebook I (Dungeons & Dragons, Edition 3.5)
Dungeon Master's Guide: Core Rulebook II (Dungeon & Dragons, Edition 3.5)
Monster Manual: Core Rulebook III (Dungeons & Dragons, Edition 3.5)

To remedy this situation, we have created a replacement order
(xxx), which we will send to you as soon as possible,
via Two-Day Shipping. You will of course be charged nothing for this replacement shipment, and we'll send you our usual e-mail
notification when the item has shipped."

TalonComics

First Post
Zaruthustran said:

Cool! You've got a "collector's edition"! I bet it's worth $50!

Seriously, I wonder if faulty print runs increase the value of books, as they do in the comic book world?

Also seriously: some folks would "return" that book to a local Borders or Wal-Mart for an echange. No receipt needed.

-z

Uh, no. Basically, that's what we considered "damaged" whether it's comics or a gaming book. If that happen to me I would just return it for a new one.

~D

What does "usually ships within 24 hours mean"?

They can't seriously mean that the books will end up in my hands in less than 24 hours - that looks way too good to be true, getting my hopes up, etc. Does this mean that it can in the warehouse for up to a day before they ship it?

ThirdWizard

First Post
Ooh, further investigation indicates that it was open when it arrived! I had assumed my parents had opened it, since they tend to open my mail occasionally. (yeah...) But, my mom told me that it was open when it arrived. Darn UPS deliverer probably traded his bad copy with mine. ¬_¬

But, I'm gonna contact Amazon about this and see how difficult it's going to be to return it. Further reason NOT to order books online. Ah well, you get what you pay for right?

Lygah

First Post
Is Amazon.ca still silent

We all know by now they seem to imply the books are shipping, anyone get a notice yet? By 'they' I meant Amazon.ca , of course.

Last edited:

Remove ads