AMG's Art Every Day He's Not Lazy Thread

Alrighty, I've bugged myself to do this for months now. I'm not promising a Drawing a Day like Acquana does in her amazing thread(and you should go check that thread out here if you haven't!!), but I'm going to try at least a few a week.

Now, I'd do the drawing a day if I wasn't doing an update a day in my Story Hour, but if inspiration hits, I may pull it off. Generally, its going to probably be Star Wars art. Mostly because RotS has me in the mood for it more so than usual, I do a lot of art for the games I run(again, mostly Star Wars d20), even more art for my Story Hour(Star Wars again...see a trend?), and I've been trying to perfect a lightsaber effect in Photoshop.

HOWEVER, I'm going to start kicking myself to do a little more, so expect some variety here and there. I will take requests, but understand that Star Wars stuff is likely to be done the best from me, and I'm not too great with confident with my skills with drawing something very different from Humans.

NOTE: Now had my other art threads merged into this one, so its in chronological order, now. :)

----

Thought I'd throw up a sketch I did yesterday for a game. This is Rebel Alliance Captain Anesa Sol. Star Wars should be no surprise from me, but hey, she's a fun NPC, so I've got a good excuse. :)

I have to say, I'm much happier with the inked version than the full colour...but I really hate colour. If anyone cares, the colour is done with some Prismacolor Markers.

Eventually I'm going to get up the nerve to attempt a drawing a day thread like Acquana does. Of course, I'm no where near as good as she is...though maybe that's more the reason to force myself into at least one sketch a day. :cool:

Attachments

Last edited:

Acquana

First Post
I do actually like the coloring ... It's been so long since I've used marker myself. But if you're gonna do it, Prismacolor is the best!

The only real problem I see with your bw image is that your inking is rather sketchy. What kind of pen do you use?

Hey, just thought I'd drop by. I like general shape of the face, the proportions are good. Not bad at all. ^_^

Acquana said:
The only real problem I see with your bw image is that your inking is rather sketchy. What kind of pen do you use?
Its the Prismacolor Black, actually. I usually have a smaller pointed pen but its disappeared and the fine tipped end of the Prismacolors are really great for doing lines. The sketchy part is my fault as I've always liked that more than perfectly clean lines, but its not really common.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. :)

Rebel Pilot

Another NPC from a Star Wars game. Black and white and colour are attached. Still a very sketchy black and white image, though I kind of like it...probably would look better more clean, though.

As for the colour, I'm much happier with this one than the other, even though I have no Prismacolor orange, so I went with a red flightsuit instead of the usual orange. Also happier with the colour for the lips, as they aren't a jarringly bright red.

Attachments

Still playing with Photoshop...

More Star Wars art from me, of course. You can tell from the lineart that the Vader in the background wasn't going to be nearly as complicated as it ended up. But, hey, I loved that old blue vader from the VHS release, so I worked it out. Only thing is I didn't do any shading, so its just flat colours...

Also, I'd like to say right now that beards are the one true evil.

Attachments

Kathaer

First Post
well.. keep on playing.. i like a lot the mask in the background and qui-gon.

well.. not bad my classroom mate

- Kathaer and Carrot.. well.. Vimes.. well.. the Ankh-Morpork Guard, Prof. DMAC's Coloring Class -

AMG's Art Thread

So, with that in mind, I'll throw up three pieces for today.

The first, I apologize for in advance. Jedi vs. Sith Yoshi. This is a birthday present for a friend who loves Yoshi, and I still can't believe I actually drew this. Again, I'm sorry.

Second, lineart for a character in my Story Hour.

Third is the unshaded colour version of the same woman, who just happens to be the mother of one of the main characters. She only appears in the actual Story Hour as a holo, so once I've got this shaded, I'm going to attempt to put in a Star Warsy hologram effect...its going to be tough, but should look good if it works.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bobitron

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Third is the unshaded colour version of the same woman, who just happens to be the mother of one of the main characters.
Best one yet, IMO. Good work.

Angcuru

First Post
Awesome. :D

Of course, you know this means I'm going to bug you for ANP art. ;)

Last edited:

Acquana said:
I can only see good coming of this. ^_^ I'm right here for ya, AMG!
Heh, thank you. :) But you see, I've put in a built in loophole into my thread. It clearly states I may very well be too lazy to post new artwork. You, on the other hand, have committed to an insane amount of sketching. I salute you, and wish I wasn't so lazy to give myself a nice little loophole! ;)

Bobitron said:
Best one yet, IMO. Good work.
Thank you very much. I have to say I'd agree if it weren't for her right eye, which is just a little too far over. That is, unless you're talking about the Yoshis, which are pure genius and the root of all evil at the same time. :D

Angcuru said:
Of course, you know this means I'm going to bug you for ANP art.
Been trying to sketch Aasan, actually, but can't get the details on the head right. Kel Dors are tough...

And a warning, there is the possibility of a Darth Maul style Yoshi coming in the next couple of weeks once I figure out exactly how I want it to look.

Now, on to today's stuff...THREE things again. (Yes, prolific just for alsih2o ;))

First, I couldn't stand leaving the picture of the woman as a lineart sketch pinned in front of my desk. So, I went at it with the Prismacolors for a different color scheme. Don't like it as much, mainly because the "Sand" one(used for the skirt and neck lining) comes out a more orange colour when its scanned. More pastel blue on it, too...better than having it lineart, though. :)

The other two really need no explanation. And I plan to continue putting up the lineart with the coloured stuff, as I know that I at least like seeing what was started with.

Attachments

Nothing fancy today. Going to be a busy weekend so expect laziness, but one never knows.

And I swear, the ONLY reason you are seeing more Yoshis is because this was originally what I wanted to do in the first place. NO, I don't know why. I apologize again. And yes, I'll also apologize when this is finished.

Attachments

Acquana

First Post
Lookin good, though the Harrison Ford is a bit off ... But I'll tell ya from experience, he's got a HARD face to draw! HARD! Anyone who's tried has probably had issues.

Advertisement2

Advertisement4