AMG's Art Every Day He's Not Lazy Thread

And next is yet another of AK, this time in normal clothes.

I spent a lot of time on this one character for the simple reason that I didn't really have the feel of things right. Once I had nailed this one(and there's only one more prelim AK sketch after this), the other two main characters and the side-characters came off the pencil without as much trouble.

As for this sketch itself...its fairly messy. Eyes are a bit off, as is the mouth. But, overall, it got the right feel so I didn't worry about that too much. Was more focused on getting the idea than details at this point.

Prelim-AK5.jpg

And here's a different character.

One of the three main ones, this is Rainman. The massive Thing-size guy that all superhero teams need...but with a genius streak if he wants to have it.

As for the sketch itself, the mask wasn't really set down in stone when I did this one. Also, the gloves/shoulder thing went away for the more basic suit look to match the other two. Its also hard to get the idea of how big he is with only him in the sketch, so that didn't come across as well as it should have.

Prelim-Rainman1.jpg

Acquana

First Post
Melty boobs.

Melty boobs.

Shame on you.

I can see that you're using a lot of comic reference for these sketches, which isn't so bad, save that the reference you're drawing from needs work themselves. If you're wanting a better idea of how boobs connect to bodies, my I suggest Terry Moore, Travest Charest, Bryan Hitch, and my personal fav for cheesecake Adam Hughes.

mmmmmm adam hughes

Acquana said:
Melty boobs.

Melty boobs.

Shame on you.

I can see that you're using a lot of comic reference for these sketches, which isn't so bad, save that the reference you're drawing from needs work themselves. If you're wanting a better idea of how boobs connect to bodies, my I suggest Terry Moore, Travest Charest, Bryan Hitch, and my personal fav for cheesecake Adam Hughes.

mmmmmm adam hughes
Hehe.

Thanks. :) I vaguely know of the first two, but AH and Bryan Hitch are guys that I love.

As for an update for today...the one sketch I did for Rainman went pretty well, other than the lack of comparison for size, so I left it at that and decided to jump straight onto the third(well, no, first) of the trio.

Its the leader, of sorts, of the trio, Gemini. Essentially the speed-guy of the group, the only things really off on this is he's going to get a horizontal stripe added in, and the hair may/may not change. With that, I just didn't know what to do, so picked something completely random and ran with it.

Prelim-Gemini1.jpg

And now a little change of pace...

This is a rough(very) sketch of my guild leader from Warcraft, Devours. She and undead warlock, and just HAD to pick the most difficult hair choice to get right from dead on. Nearly destroyed the paper trying to get it right...she kept looking like an undead Wolverine. So I just gave up and went with how this one ended up.

Devours.jpg

I got bored again...

And when I get bored, one of two things will end up on the paper. Either a Jedi of some sort, or yet another self portait.

This one's the the latter.

MeYetAgainSketch.jpg

Another fairly random sketch. Just a Cleric-y type. I've already started working on some colours for it, but won't post that until I've got the shading and such done.

Priestsketch.jpg

And back from the dead this comes again...haven't been scanning much lately, thanks to everything I've been working on being on larger paper than my scanner can handle. I'm going to find a way to remedy that eventually, though.

In the meantime...another WoW/fantasy related sketch. This is the start of a Christmas present for a friend...its her Troll Warrior. Have learned a lot of new tricks with Photoshop lately, so I'm going to try those out when I add colour to this and see what I can do with it.

Laneelsketch.jpg

Remove ads