AMG's Art Every Day He's Not Lazy Thread

Acquana said:
Lookin good, though the Harrison Ford is a bit off ... But I'll tell ya from experience, he's got a HARD face to draw! HARD! Anyone who's tried has probably had issues.

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is about him, but there's something in his face that's extremely hard to capture. I did an Indiana Jones sketch about a year ago that was closer than this Han was, but it was still off. One day I'll nail it. :)

And yes, I've been lazy the last week or so. Not just lazy, though, but in a state of somewhat sickness and unable to get my pencil to even draw a stumbled and horrible looking line, let alone a straight one(not that I can do that anyway...)

Now, though, I have kicked myself into working on things again. Today, I got me some new brush-tipped pens. These things are COOL. And so, I had to play with them. Here's Vega, of Street Fighter fame. Very sketchy, but I was playing with the pens and I like how it looks.

Attachments

• Vega - Ink.jpg
    Vega - Ink.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,698

Ahhh...well, I've started some summer classes at a local college while I wait for the Spring when I can get into a nice Art School. And, of course, this means lots of doodling in notebooks. Its been over a year since I've been able to do this, and it feels so nice to start covering a brand new notebook in sketches.

Attached is today's sketch. Nothing special, and no one in particular. Just random sketching(and I know there's a floating eye that was there first!).

Attachments

• Face.jpg
    Face.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 128

Today's sketch is definitely still a work in progress, but felt like I should at least put something up.

This is the as yet unamed Lesser Goddess of Water I'll be playing in a PbP game here on ENWorld. She hasn't been statted out yet, so I haven't figured her equipment to add to the image to make it 'accurate'. But as she'll be mainly a Druid, its not like she'd be wearing major armor or anything like that.

Hands will be altered when I DO decide on her equipmen. The legs, I'm going to attempt a watery effect to have them fade off into. It should be interesting...and yes, the head is too small, but I spend half an hour trying to get it right and just gave up.

The facial features are also horrible, which is why they aren't inked. Just for reference at the moment, and I'm going to try to get them looking better. Guess I'll have to stat her up tomorrow so I can make this more accurate to her.

Attachments

• Water Deity.jpg
    Water Deity.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 184

Gasp! Two days in a row this time! Something must be wrong with me! ;)

Here's the relatively finished Water Deity image. Don't like the hair colour...but went with that because I didn't want to Photoshop in a different colour, and didn't want brown or blue...so my choice of Prismacolor markers was limited(I really need to pick up some new ones sometime...)

With the markers, couldn't figure out a very good way to blend the skin into water effect...so its very eh...but overall, I do like it. Glad I fixed the face, and ignoring the spear hand at least.

And on another note, are any of the few people who read this thread any good with Adobe Photoshop? I'd REALLY like to pull off a Star Wars type hologram effect for the above image of Andrea Tavos(woman in brown/light brown and alternate colours of grey/pastel blue), but can't figure out how to pull it off. I have found one tutorial...but its for a video editing program, and nothing for Photoshop.

Attachments

• Water Deity Colour.jpg
    Water Deity Colour.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 174

Remove ads