AMG's Art Every Day He's Not Lazy Thread

Today's sketch is definitely still on the rough end and will be touched up a good bit before being inked and (hopefully) coloured. Though I might as well post it here anyway, as I'm actually fairly proud of it.

This is Jyren and Shadow, two of the main characters from my Story Hour. Both are Alraxians, which are, essentially, shapeshifting cat people. Of course, that's horribly oversimplified, but it gives enough of an idea. Its also why they're wearing a skintight 'morphsuit'. Normal clothes don't exactly change shape very well, so they have these that are able to morph with the body and not get ripped up. Of course, that provided the problem of the simple fact that they're skintight...which means I can't use loose clothes to hide detail. Ugh, anatomy is annoying, but I think it turned out fairly well...though Jyren's chest/right shoulder joint need some work. His head may be a little small, too.

And, sadly, you can't see his lightsaber. It would be connected to the side of his belt that's hidden behind his body and Shadow. I had attempted to put her lightsaber(posted above) in her hand(you can see the light sketch of it 'closed'), and then at her hip...but I couldn't get the size on it right resting on her hip so it won't appear in the final version. Besides, she uses her fists/claws/feet to fight more often than anything else.

Attachments

• Jyren and Shadow(lineart).jpg
    Jyren and Shadow(lineart).jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 213

Not much special today...but I did finalize and ink the sketch from yesterday. Figured I'd upload it. I did attempt to play around with fixing Jyren's chest/stomach, but couldn't get things right. Its a little off center thanks to Shadow's arm being in the way, but I'm still pleased with it despite the smaller problems.

Hopefully, when I add some colour to this, it'll look even better.

Attachments

• Jyren and Shadow(Small Ink).jpg
    Jyren and Shadow(Small Ink).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 127

Three days and three versions of this Jyren and Shadow image. Now in Prismacolour! :)

I'd like to have it shaded, but I haven't yet figured out how to shade with these markers. The way they go on makes it difficult to blend or anything like that...

Attachments

• Jyren and Shadow(colour).jpg
    Jyren and Shadow(colour).jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 177

Alrighty, something different for tonight's update. This is a modern Aasimar requested in another thread.

So...kirinke, give me some critiques for what needs to be changed while its still in this very rough sketch form. Wasn't sure what to do with the clothes...and avoided a real braided look to the hair. Its also tough to capture the Aasimar's unique gold eyes and pale coloured hair while still in this sketch form...I think this'll need to be coloured in some way to really get anything out of it.

Attachments

• Aasimar(sketch).jpg
    Aasimar(sketch).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 197

kirinke

First Post
Hmmm. The concept I'm looking at is a bit older, perhaps around the 25 range. The reason why I say she looks more like an aasimar than anything else is because she has a great deal of experience blending into human society, but there are some things she can't hide very well.

The character's true age is closer to 2,000 years as the half-celestial/aasimar template gives her near immortality. It would be reflected in her eyes and expression. She's seen every bit of evil hell can cough up and has personally seen a great deal of atrocity in the world. She's a little bit sad, but very determined. She'd still be youthful, but there is steel behind that seeming youth.

I like that image though and will use it in a different character concept. Like I said, there are very few good aasimar pics out there.

Last edited:

Alrighty. I like how this one has been turning out too much to not finish it...but I'll get the clothes and weapon in another way.

Time to get out my lightbox and trace this pose onto a new piece of paper, and then I'll get the equipment and clothes better. Not sure if anything else will change, because this is definitely turning out to be one of my favorites so far. :)

Also, I've got a little idea to bring the Aasimar out when its coloured...I'll CG it with Photoshop and may try adding a little glow effect to her eyes to give it that extra little thing. You have no idea how close I came to giving her wings(or faint wings at least) anyway. It just seems to fit her too well. :D

kirinke

First Post
Heh, Like I said, I love this drawing, and I'd like to see what it looks like when colored. It fits very well with a relatively young aasimar character. Sorry I didn't add more in the inital description. My bad. :(. But don't get me wrong. Tis wonderful in of itself.

Actually, since she is a half-celestial dragon, she can shift her shape. One of her favorite shapes is a 7ft tall bipedal tiger (think rakasha) with huge owl wings. :)

CGed the original sketch of her. Added a nice little glowey effect to her eyes to hint at the Celestial background.

As for the more accurate version, the sketch is mostly done. Just need to get the right hand and katanas worked out and I'll have it scanned. :)

Attachments

• Aasimar(colour).jpg
    Aasimar(colour).jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 158

kirinke

First Post
Coolies! It looks wonderful. Now I just need to write up a d20 character to go with it. Mebbe Fast/Dedicated would work for this lass.

Remove ads