AMG's Art Every Day He's Not Lazy Thread

kirinke

First Post
The human piccie looks nice, but not quite what I had in mind for this character. The character I have in mind looks like she is in her mid-to-late twenties. In actuality, she is nearly 3,000 years old and most of that time, she has been fighting various sorts of evil and evil with a capital T. So, it would show, especially in her expression, her eyes and the way she holds herself. Her lips wouldn't be quite as full, nor would there be many age lines.

Am I making sense here? I know.... Difficult to go by description alone. Hmmm. Lemme give you some things to go by. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 301
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 131
  • A0.jpg
    A0.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 119
  • E6.jpg
    E6.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Right, right. The one I did wasn't originally supposed to be the character, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway. :)

That second image you've attached really grabs my interest the moth. Going to attempt to work with that and a couple others as reference.

I have at least five sketches currently scattered across my desk, and a couple older pencil sketches getting the CG colour treatment at the moment. Managed to finish one, though, so here it is.

Another of Jyren(with his and Shadow's lightsabers). This time attempting to use the newer Alraxian design. Didn't come out great, looked more canine than feline and I know why so that should be fixed the next time. However, I liked it to much to scrap it, and wen ahead and Prismacoloured it...though the reason the grey is darker this time is because my Cool Grey is nearly dead. Need a new one.

There will probably be one more version of this with CGed colours and slight shading. The reason this is done in Prismacolours is really so tha I don't have to stare at the black and white lineart while it sits on my pile of art here on the desk...ironic, really, as I used to hate colour and now I can't stop messing with it.

Attachments

• Jyren Lightsabers Colour.jpg
    Jyren Lightsabers Colour.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 114

Too high up on the neck, you mean? Hmm...looking at it, I think I can see that. Had a tough time making the head larger enough to fit with the body, so its no surprise that most of my problems with it are in the head.

And another of these sketches cluttering my desk has reached the worthy stage of being scanned! Here is Elizabeth Mare, a Rebel X-Wing Pilot. She is, technically, from my Story Hour, but is much more of a character's background story than anything else. Despite that, I've always loved her character and she seemes to appear in a bunch of sketches all over(the Rebel Pilot earlier up in this thread is also her).

Very, very happy with this, even though its only lineart right now. Yes, that's her X-Wing she's leaning on, and she IS standing up on the ladder. All the lines and details pretty much requires this to get colour...and it will.

Attachments

• Mare X-Wing.jpg
    Mare X-Wing.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 131

Frukathka said:
and quite the hottie.

Gooood, gooood. :)

It now has colour! Due to my lack of an orange Prismacolour marker, though, the flight suit was coloured in Photoshop. Honestly, I don't like how the X-Wing turned out...but I'll admit right up front that I don't have a good eye for metal object or anything mechanical, so I'm not surprised. Still happy with the overall thing, but I've got the feeling I'm still going to try a full CG colour version of it anyway...just to see if I can get a better metal look.

Attachments

• Mare X-Wing Colour.jpg
    Mare X-Wing Colour.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 1,767

Remove ads