AMG's Art Every Day He's Not Lazy Thread

A while ago, I said I wanted to do a Star Wars-like holo effect for one of the sketches...well, I've finally gotten around to playing with the idea. Here's the curren result. It ain't perfect, but its a huge improvement over not being able to do it at all. The only part I'm really not happy with is the blur that spreads out on either side...it SHOULD be there, but I just couldn't get it to look right for some reason. Also couldn't get the light blue just light enough...but ah well, I like how it looks enough.

Attachments

• Andrea Tavos(colour holo).jpg
    Andrea Tavos(colour holo).jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 143

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I hadn't seen this thread the last couple updates. I like the holo thing a lot. :)

It happened again. Lately, everytime I pick up a pencil and start sketching one character has appeared. (Note, this is my excuse for not finishing the long overdue touch-ups on kirinke's Aasimar). So, I finally ran with it(err, again). Here she is, again, the X-Wing pilot from my Story Hour, Elizabeth Mare. And yes, this is definitely getting colour, if only to make that bright orange jumpsuit stick out.

Attachments

• Mare Jumpsuit.jpg
    Mare Jumpsuit.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 104

Acquana said:
Do you use any photo reference? I wanna say I've seen a similiar face before ...
For that character I do use reference...a mix of one of my friends(who um...doesn't actually KNOW yet, though she's seen these) and someone who's name currently escapes me. I don't think I blended them together as well in that one, but it still looks enough like it should for the character that it works.

Bront

The man with the probe
Been browsing through the art section. Figured I'd add to the praise.

These are all very well done. Great job AMG :)

I promise that I'm working on non-Star Wars art...though there's about five things going and at least 3 are Star Wars. But...there are other things!

This was actually something I just found sitting under a pile of papers on my desk, half finished. So, I finished it. Don't know what it is about these, but Hayden could sure pull off the evil look for Darth Vader perfectly. It could probably be shaded better...may go back and touch it up/darken it in places, but a lot of the problem is just how much brighter the scanner makes it. Can play with the things in Photoshop but it really messes up the rest of the images, so I gave up on that.

Attachments

• Lord Vader.jpg
    Lord Vader.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 107

Frukathka said:
Great work AMG. I'm really liking your work. Any chance you could take a whack at Laera Silverhand?
No promises, but I may try. I've still got to kick myself to finish fixing and/or completely redoing the Aasimar for kirinke. But I shall try for you, too, just don't expect any kind of timley manner as I seem to be absolutely horrible with sticking to one thing. I jump around a lot...

But hey, that makes it another modern thing to nail down, so there's a definite positive there. :)

That's my longwinded, 1:31AM rambling, I'm tired way of saying I'll give it a shot.

Remove ads