AMG's Art Every Day He's Not Lazy Thread

Alrighty, I've bugged myself to do this for months now. I'm not promising a Drawing a Day like Acquana does in her amazing thread(and you should go check that thread out here if you haven't!!), but I'm going to try at least a few a week.

Now, I'd do the drawing a day if I wasn't doing an update a day in my Story Hour, but if inspiration hits, I may pull it off. Generally, its going to probably be Star Wars art. Mostly because RotS has me in the mood for it more so than usual, I do a lot of art for the games I run(again, mostly Star Wars d20), even more art for my Story Hour(Star Wars again...see a trend?), and I've been trying to perfect a lightsaber effect in Photoshop.

HOWEVER, I'm going to start kicking myself to do a little more, so expect some variety here and there. I will take requests, but understand that Star Wars stuff is likely to be done the best from me, and I'm not too great with confident with my skills with drawing something very different from Humans.

NOTE: Now had my other art threads merged into this one, so its in chronological order, now. :)

----

Thought I'd throw up a sketch I did yesterday for a game. This is Rebel Alliance Captain Anesa Sol. Star Wars should be no surprise from me, but hey, she's a fun NPC, so I've got a good excuse. :)

I have to say, I'm much happier with the inked version than the full colour...but I really hate colour. If anyone cares, the colour is done with some Prismacolor Markers.

Eventually I'm going to get up the nerve to attempt a drawing a day thread like Acquana does. Of course, I'm no where near as good as she is...though maybe that's more the reason to force myself into at least one sketch a day. :cool:

Attachments

• Anesa Lineart.jpg
    Anesa Lineart.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 245
  • Anesa Colour(small).jpg
    Anesa Colour(small).jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

Acquana

First Post
I do actually like the coloring ... It's been so long since I've used marker myself. But if you're gonna do it, Prismacolor is the best!

The only real problem I see with your bw image is that your inking is rather sketchy. What kind of pen do you use?

Hey, just thought I'd drop by. I like general shape of the face, the proportions are good. Not bad at all. ^_^

Acquana said:
The only real problem I see with your bw image is that your inking is rather sketchy. What kind of pen do you use?

Its the Prismacolor Black, actually. I usually have a smaller pointed pen but its disappeared and the fine tipped end of the Prismacolors are really great for doing lines. The sketchy part is my fault as I've always liked that more than perfectly clean lines, but its not really common.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. :)

Rebel Pilot

Another NPC from a Star Wars game. Black and white and colour are attached. Still a very sketchy black and white image, though I kind of like it...probably would look better more clean, though.

As for the colour, I'm much happier with this one than the other, even though I have no Prismacolor orange, so I went with a red flightsuit instead of the usual orange. Also happier with the colour for the lips, as they aren't a jarringly bright red.

Attachments

• Mare Lineart.jpg
    Mare Lineart.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 168
  • Mare Colour.jpg
    Mare Colour.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 197

Still playing with Photoshop...

More Star Wars art from me, of course. You can tell from the lineart that the Vader in the background wasn't going to be nearly as complicated as it ended up. But, hey, I loved that old blue vader from the VHS release, so I worked it out. Only thing is I didn't do any shading, so its just flat colours...

Also, I'd like to say right now that beards are the one true evil.

Attachments

• Prequel Cast Lineart.jpg
    Prequel Cast Lineart.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 203
  • Prequel Cast Colour copy.jpg
    Prequel Cast Colour copy.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 378

Kathaer

First Post
well.. keep on playing.. i like a lot the mask in the background and qui-gon.

well.. not bad my classroom mate

- Kathaer and Carrot.. well.. Vimes.. well.. the Ankh-Morpork Guard, Prof. DMAC's Coloring Class -

Remove ads