• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ampersand to reveal mystery of the disappearing books (apparently)

Truename

First Post
Okay, some speculation:

"We're very pleased with the success of the new Red Box and our other boxed sets, so we're rebuilding our schedule to focus more on boxed sets with a softcover book, tokens and other goodies like adventures. This takes longer to produce, so there's going to be a hole in our schedule, but don't worry, we're moving more Dungeon and Dragon content out from behind the paywall! And if you pay for DDI, we'll make up for it with the exciting new Adventure Tools and Virtual Game Table that's now going into open beta."

/corporate shill mode

Aegeri

First Post
At this point, nothing would surprise me and I am really confused as to when new content is meant to go up. The calendar is already on Wednesday. If I'm not mistaken, nothing has been released since Monday and that was just three free articles?

Am I missing something?

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Nah, they'll be going completely digital. All products are realised as electronic boxed sets in some as yet undisclosed special format. You can print out the stuff with the all new "Official Dungeons&Dragons Printer" Building instructions for the boxes are available on the Web as - gasp! - free articles.

You can single order any item and even each single part (for the same price as the whole product, of course). On the other hand you can subscribe to the D&D line for one year for a fixed price - and hope that schedules are kept and products not dropped.

If you have doubts, you can add an insurance premium to your subscription. This will guarantee you that you will receive all products on the schedule regardless of the actual publication date. If a product gets delayed beyond your subscription you'll only have to pay a token handling fee and some inflationary compensation to receive it.

Only subscribers are eligible to the buy new miniatures line which will be published as 3D-printer files. The "Official Dungeons&Dragons Miniature Printer" will be announced in an ad of the first product of this new line.

:p

Especially a sad situation when the company has people paying for subscriptions. It's not too bad--they seem to have shifted to "We'll put it out sometime this week, instead of on one specific day"--but still, not a good direction to be heading.

If you're going to post new content on an "Order of the Stick" schedule, you will rapidly find yourself receiving "Order of the Stick's" level of subscription fees.

A subscription magazine usually gives me the articles it has at one specific data. All in one go. It doesn't spread them out over a month. I am sure they could do that, too. Just wait until the last date and release what you got then. (And no tables of content before, either.)

I don't think that is anything we can expect a given from a subscription service.

Now a decent working character builder that steadily improves, that is something I did expect.

Dungeoneer

First Post
More baseless speculation-

The Essentials line was a good start, but didn't go quite far enough. Prepare to welcome: The Indispensable D&D books!

Will include books like The Rules Omnibus, Really Awesome Heroes of the Even More Forgotten Kingdoms, Absolutely Incredible Heroes of the Extremely Fallen Realms, and the Dungeon Master's Toolset Oh My God This Is So Awesome Buy It Now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads