D&D General An Iconic D&D Villain Features In Stranger Things’ New Seasom

Following on from Season 1's Demogorgon, the producers of Stranger Things have confirmed in an IGN interview that the villain in the upcoming 4th season of the show is named after the iconic D&D archlich Vecna!

vecna.jpeg

Perhaps the juiciest part of this very juicy trailer was not one, but two shots of our new big bad, who, as the brothers revealed, is named Vecna. One comes in at the very beginning, with a shot of him opening his eyes as his creepy voiceover reads, “your suffering is almost at an end,” which Matt calls “our Hellraiser line.” Ever since Season 2, the Duffers say, they wanted to do a character that was similar to the horror figures that terrified them growing up, from Freddie Kruger to Pinhead to Pennywise.

Am I really the only one who is annoyed that the title of the thread is a spoiler? Couldn't we have gone with "Season 4 Stranger Things villain revealed!"

ko6ux

Adventurer
So, the big villain of Stranger Thing is ... a man in a rubber suit?

I am underwhelmed. This show was soundly in the "cosmic/weird horror" genre. The last thing it needs is a humanoid undead as the BBEG.

darjr

I crit!

I am underwhelmed. This show was soundly in the "cosmic/weird horror" genre. The last thing it needs is a humanoid undead as the BBEG.
Honestly I think it’s a red herring

That honestly kind of lessens my interest. I liked what they did with the demagorgon. This is a little too much like Lord Soth being the villain

I disagree, I think an intelligent, relatable villain is just what stranger things needs to keep things fresh. They've run 3 seasons where the monster was some cryptic, alien creature, and while it worked great, by the third season the formula was getting quite stale. They really need to do something different to keep the show interesting for another season, and this looks like a promising approach.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases