• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An Incredible Sacrifice!

Romnipotent

First Post
Hi all, well, loath it or love it, The Saint template has been partially offered if I can meet the pre reqs in role play and such. Im already halfway there, but the extroadinary sacrifice, thats whats got me. I've thought of some things, but now I'm looking for some extra inputs.

Fate Lawson

First Post
I don't see any other way. IMHO, only by willingly sacrificing yourself do you become a saint. The only other way, would be to spend 20 years in the wilderness eschewing all material goods and being an utter pacifist.

Course if you do die, you might qualify for the Risen Martyr PrC in addition to the Saint template.

Andor

First Post
This being DnD material sacrifice might qualify as well.

EX: Handing a valuable magic item over to some NPCs simply because they need it more than you do. Refusing a reward or asking it be given to charity. Blowing a wish on someone else, etc.

Romnipotent

First Post
Im a Barbarian, Champion of Gwynharwyf, just for some reference points as well. Thats why I'm having trouble with the idea of a sacrifice being a requirement... I mean can't I just have to take 1000 swords from 1000 thayan knights or something parallel? heh

Humanophile

First Post
Romnipotent said:
Im a Barbarian, Champion of Gwynharwyf, just for some reference points as well. Thats why I'm having trouble with the idea of a sacrifice being a requirement... I mean can't I just have to take 1000 swords from 1000 thayan knights or something parallel? heh

Pssst. "Sacrifice" and "quest" are two different things. What exactly would the dude de-swording thayan knights be giving up for his cause, again?

If you want into the template, your DM has to give you the thumbs-up. As such, talk with him about it beforehand, and he'll likely insert opportunities for you to put the good of others ahead of your own gain. Take those up like you were striving to the ideals of a paladin thread. At some point, you'll have the chance to give up something big; probably not your life, because death is easily surmountable in D&D. Social position is an "easy" thing to risk (becoming a pariah for taking the moral high road), or if your DM wants to make it a really painful sacrifice he can require something that'll eat up a lot of your gold. (Having to help rebuild homes and buy food for a community that just suffered a massive raid, handing over some really cool magic item to someone who needs it for a holy quest, even having to sacrifice an item/XP/HP permanently to power some magic macguffin of good at some point.) But the point is, something has to be given up for the greater good. So what degree of loss do you, your DM, and your group think sounds about right for this cut-rate template?

Remove ads