• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ancient Dracoliches and Shadow Dragons

ATroper

First Post
Introduction:

So I was looking over the MM, and I was rather annoyed how it didn't just give us dracolich and shadow dragon versions of the existing dragons, particularly the ancient chromatic ones. So I decided to bust out the DMG and make my own Ancient Dracoliches and Ancient Shadow Dragons. They're not too different from the Ancient Chromatic Dragons in the MM with the Dracolich/Shadow Dragon template on, though I did add a few extra qualities and change up the numbers some to match the CR I desired. Basically, I figured that both templates made a basic dragon stronger, so the Ancient Dracoliches/Shadow Dragons go from CR 23-27 where the normal Ancient Dragons go from CR 20-24.

[sblock=Ancient Dracoliches]
Ancient Dracoliches-page-001.jpgAncient Dracoliches-page-002.jpgAncient Dracoliches-page-003.jpgAncient Dracoliches-page-004.jpgAncient Dracoliches-page-005.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ancient Shadow Dragons]
Ancient Shadow Dragons-page-001.jpgAncient Shadow Dragons-page-002.jpgAncient Shadow Dragons-page-003.jpgAncient Shadow Dragons-page-004.jpgAncient Shadow Dragons-page-005.jpg
[/sblock]

If you guys have any questions or advice, feel free to say them! This is more or less my first big foray into custom monster creation, and I'd like to know if I'm doing this properly. Also, if you've noticed the similar style, that is because I am using the lovely template that dave2008 uses for his 5E Epic Monster Updates, which I've contributed to before. I might even do some more work on these so I can submit Epic Updates versions of these monsters for that thread. ^_^

Last edited:

Remove ads