Angels ascendant

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
right. and all the goodies will be "celestials", and the baddies will be "fiends", though they will not be listed that way in the MM. it always bugged me that devils and demons (and eventually yugoloths and daemons) had their own categories, but all the celestials were lumped into one spot in the MM. glad to see they're fixing that. ;)

by the way, my money is on "angel" being reserved for devas, planetars, and solars (and agathions and lights, if anyone still cares about them) and under separate categories will be archons, guardinals, and eladrins.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
From my shiney new mm 3.5:

Angels are a race of celecstial beings who live on the good-aligned Outer Planes. Celestial positively drip with goodness - every fiber of their bodies and souls is suffused with it. They are enemies of demon and devils (creatures of the infernal realms).

Angels can be of any good alignment. Lawful good angels hail from the plane of Celestia, neutral good angels from the plane of Elysium or the Beastlands, and chaotic good angels from plane of Arborea. Regardless of their alignment, angels never lie, cheat, or steal.... etc.

List of Angels:

Angel, Astral Deva
Angel, Planetar
Angel, Solar

s/LaSH

First Post
Just for reference, the Shorter Oxford defines 'angel' as any being that's more powerful (spiritually, in particular) than a human, with a special case for the Judaeo-Christian type. 'Angel' could therefore refer to demons as well.

Had to say something new, now that Morrus's given us the official, official word...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Merlion said:
Hey Morrus, care to give us lots of juicy details on the Solar? Does it say what can get past his regen?

DR 15/epic and evil, immunity to acid, cold and petrification, protective aura, rgeneration 15, resistance to electricity 10 and fire 10, spell resistance 32.

Regeneration (ex): A solar takes normal damage from epic evil aligned weapons and from spells and effects with the evil descriptor.

Merlion

First Post
So in other words, nothing that isnt powerfuly magicaly evil can actualy hurt a solar in any meaningful way.
Perfect :)

Remove ads