• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Announcing OGL Interlock from Green Ronin & Paradigm Concepts

Nikchick

Explorer
Miami, FL and Seattle, WA -

Green Ronin Publishing and Paradigm Concepts are proud to announce OGL Interlock, a series of related sourcebooks for d20 System. Initially, these books will come from Paradigm's Races of Legend series and Green Ronin's Races of Renown series.

"Both companies decided to do a series of race books at the same time, so rather than go head to head we agreed to work together to cover more ground," says Chris Pramas, Green Ronin's founder. "Now Paradigm is doing a giant book to complement our dwarf book and we're doing an orc book to complement their elf book. All the books will bear the OGL Interlock logo."

To reinforce the connection between OGL Interlock titles, each pair of books will feature covers painted by the same artist. When the two books are placed side by side, a larger tableau will be created. Featured artists include Jim Pavelec, Mark Evans, and Todd Lockwood.

"OGL Interlock is Open Gaming taken to the next level," says Eric Wiener, Paradigm Concepts' Chief Financial Officer. "This represents an unprecedented level of cooperation between D20 publishers. We can only hope that other companies recognize the virtues of cooperation as a vehicle to grow the D20 market."

OGL Interlock kicks off in July, with Green Ronin's Hammer and Helm: A Guidebook to Dwarves. Paradigm follows with The Lords of the Peaks: The Essential Guide to Giants in August.

Green Ronin Media Contact
Nicole Lindroos
nicole@greenronin.com

For additional Green Ronin information contact:
Jim Fallone
Director of Sales & Marketing
Osseum Entertainment
Phone: 425-271-5308, fax: 206-374-2955,
e-mail: jim_fallone@osseum.com.

Paradigm Concepts Media Contact and Sales representative
Eric Wiener
Chief Financial Officer
Phone: 305-525-9808, fax: 305-667-2386
email: ewiener@paradigmconcepts.com

Last edited:

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Nikchick said:
"Interlock is Open Gaming taken to the next level," says Eric Wiener, Paradigm Concepts' Chief Financial Officer. "This represents an unprecedented level of cooperation between D20 publishers. We can only hope that other companies recognize the virtues of cooperation as a vehicle to grow the D20 market."

You folks are brilliant, and a true class act.

Wulf

Setanta

First Post
I think it's great that the two companies have agreed to do this. However, I have a question for GR. If Paradigm is doing the Elf book, what happens to your Drow book with the really cool title (Plots and Poisons I think it was)? Will that be rolled into Paradigm's Elf book, or would you still do it separately. You guys do very well with the darker stuff (Book of Fiends series, Secret College of Necromancy, and the Freeport adventures with their Cthulu feel are all excellent products), so I would really like to see GR's treatment of the Drow.

Nikchick

Explorer
Setanta said:
I think it's great that the two companies have agreed to do this. However, I have a question for GR. If Paradigm is doing the Elf book, what happens to your Drow book with the really cool title (Plots and Poisons I think it was)? Will that be rolled into Paradigm's Elf book, or would you still do it separately. You guys do very well with the darker stuff (Book of Fiends series, Secret College of Necromancy, and the Freeport adventures with their Cthulu feel are all excellent products), so I would really like to see GR's treatment of the Drow.

Plot & Poison: A Guidebook to Drow is still coming out as a separate title. :D We couldn't give that one up, heh heh. In fact, that's the one with the Todd Lockwood cover referred to in the press release. We just met with Todd last week to work out some of the details, and I can't wait to see the piece. He'll be including it in an upcoming book of his art as well, which we're very excited about. The author, Matthew Sernett, is also very excited about the book and we're having to rein him in lest we end up with another Book of the Righteous-sized project. I love everyone's enthusiasm.

More info on Plot & Poison should be available a little later this summer.

Nicole

Lizard

Explorer
Nikchick said:
Miami, FL and Seattle, WA -

Green Ronin Publishing and Paradigm Concepts are proud to announce OGL Interlock, a series of related sourcebooks for d20 System. Initially, these books will come from Paradigm's Races of Legend series and Green Ronin's Races of Renown series.

That is WAY cool. I hope it proves successful.

Crothian

First Post
It's a cool idea, but how are they interlocking? Let's take the Dwarf and giant book for example. Are you going to have strategies for one fighting in the other in each book and ways for the other to defend against such strategies in the other book?

Setanta

First Post
Nikchik wrote:
Plot & Poison: A Guidebook to Drow is still coming out as a separate title.
That's great news. I'm really looking forward to that book. I'm hoping you guys you it 1E justice, instead of "Drow as chaotic good player characters".

The more I think about, the more I think this is a good idea. I've been a loyal GR customer since DiF, but I've never picked up anything by Paradigm, simply because I didn't need another adventure trilogy back when those books could be found, and I don't really buy campaign settings. However, I will buy their Giant and Elf books.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Let me add my praise on this idea and hope that it works in a gestalt fashion where each item is great but together they're greater.

7thlvlDM

Explorer
No offense intended to Green Ronin, I love your sourcebooks (I have all the monster books, The Shaman's Handbook, and Secret College of Necromancy), but I personally am getting tired for the "X and Y" titles. "Eldest Sons" and "The Lords of the Peaks" sound like cooler names to me, just like "Secret College of Necromancy". On the other hand, "Plot and Poison" could just as easily be refering to assassins as drow.

-7th

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I'm more curious how these will interlock, but I will admit, I definately think Paradigm has a winner with their giant book. Looks VERY sweet, especially the cover for it.

Remove ads