• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Announcing OGL Interlock from Green Ronin & Paradigm Concepts

Paradigm

First Post
Setanta said:
I think it's great that the two companies have agreed to do this. However, I have a question for GR. If Paradigm is doing the Elf book, what happens to your Drow book with the really cool title (Plots and Poisons I think it was)? Will that be rolled into Paradigm's Elf book, or would you still do it separately. You guys do very well with the darker stuff (Book of Fiends series, Secret College of Necromancy, and the Freeport adventures with their Cthulu feel are all excellent products), so I would really like to see GR's treatment of the Drow.

No worries on Green Ronin's Drow book from our end. Eldest Sons is covering the whole pointy-eared lot of them and they are doing a whole book on the subject after all!;)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Here's the logo:

Attachments

• ogli.jpg
    ogli.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 37,653

Nikchick

Explorer
Vuron said:
Hrmm isn't the R Talsorian System known as Interlock? I'd check before you run into legal difficulties.

I appreciate your concern, but we have already looked into that. It's not an issue.

Nicole

DPGDarrin

First Post
Congrats to both parties!

I think this is such a good idea, and not just from the standpoint that you won't be competing head to head on the same products <grin>. I think this will be a wonderful deveopment for gamers who like to see a more clearly defined continuity between related products. This also sets a great precedent of cooperation between different D20 publishers.

7thlvlDM

Explorer
How much interaction will there be between the complementary supplements? Does this mean you will heavily contribute to each other's books?

Nikchick

Explorer
7thlvlDM said:
How much interaction will there be between the complementary supplements? Does this mean you will heavily contribute to each other's books?

I've been leaving this question to Chris, since he's Mr. Rules around here. ;)

As I understand it from eavesdropping on the creatives, each company working on an OGL Interlock book is going to largely continue to design books as they always have, without the other company poking too directly into the designs of the other, so I think "heavily contribute" would probably be overstating. I know they've shared text on the dwarf/giants project, presumably so there can be truly "clicky" elements in each book, so the OGL Interlock titles aren't being designed in a vacuum either. Each of the OGL Interlock books we have planned so far at the very least hang together thematically, playing on traditional "favored enemy" relationships and that kind of thing.

But I'm definitely not the person with the most in-depth knowledge of the design process details. Chris or Eric might have more to add on this one.

Nicole

Paradigm

First Post
7thlvlDM said:

"heavily contribute" is not what is happening with Dwarves and Giants.

The Dwarf and Giant books were already in the works when this concept was born, so there was less time to incorporate the philosophy into the publications. There are elements in the Giant and Dwarf titles that are aimed at the other product and with each release such coordination will only grow.

Remove ads