• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Another Bookstore Releasing the Books Early

Forge

First Post
Went to a major bookstore chain in east TN today and they had all the core books for sale. I bought the PHB and will be getting the gift set from my FLGS when they get them in. The FLGS owner was not happy that the bookstore had them out already.

the Jester

Legend
hectorse said:
I think right now it is not a problem anymore

Why do you say this? FLGSes still can't release before Friday without suffering substantial penalties. They're getting screwed by this IMHO.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Edit: PM the info of the store. Name, Location, Address etc.

I am forwarding these on to my sales team to handle.

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
Scott_Rouse said:
Post the info of the store. Name, Location, Address etc.

I am forwarding these on to my sales team to handle.

Awesome, Scott. I hope your guys can make these big retailers hold to the same date as the lil guys. :)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Scott_Rouse said:
Post the info of the store. Name, Location, Address etc.

Yes, please post the info on the store so that everyone in that area could buy the 4e books before the FLG can sell them. Cause that is what will happen if you don't send it in email form to the Rouse.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Relique du Madde said:
Yes, please post the info on the store so that everyone in that area could buy the 4e books before the FLG can sell them. Cause that is what will happen if you don't send it in email form to the Rouse.

Sarcastic but helpful.

PM me the info

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
Don't be a snitch. Buy the books if you'd like, but don't be a tattle tale. It's just a book sale, not like there's any crime being committed. Geez.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Kheti sa-Menik said:
Don't be a snitch. Buy the books if you'd like, but don't be a tattle tale. It's just a book sale, not like there's any crime being committed. Geez.

it's not like we're calling the cops or that you'll get beat up in the locker room.

We are trying to keep the playing field level for everyone and there were business agreements made and we want to make sure they honor them.

If you owned a game store and were counting on this "book sale" to feed your kids you'd be signing a different tune.

Forge

First Post
I have tried to send a PM but it will not allow me to send one, says I am not a community supporter.

I will send an email through the WotC site.

I did not put the exact location because it would hurt the FLGS store owner and like I said I am getting all three core books from him when he gets them in. I bought the PHB just because they had it and guess I'll have two now or give it as a gift to one of my players.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads