• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Another Immortals Handbook thread

What do you wish from the Immortals Handbook?

• I want to see rules for playing Immortals

Votes: 63 73.3%
  • I want to see more Epic Monsters

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • I want to see Artifacts and epic Magic Items

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I want to see truly Epic Spells and Immortal Magic

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • I want Immortal Adventures and Campaigns Ideas

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • I want to see a Pantheon (or two) detailed

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I want to see something else (post below)

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I don't like Epic/Immortal gaming

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Poll closed .
Hi historian matey! :)

historian said:
The link works dude. My favorite illustration is the Quintessence Elemental but very good across the board.

:cool:

Thanks, thats meant to be the sundered divinity of Hercules fighting Ares in Olympus.

A few other notes you may or may not pick up on.

- Thats a Balor in the Kyriotates picture (for scale).
- The dragon in the Cometary Dragon picture is a Great Wyrm Red Dragon
- The Adamantite Dragon is standing over the body of a Gibborim
- The background of the Akalich is the Tower card from the Major Arcana in a Tarot deck. I read that particular card was based on the Tower of Babel - so it was appropriate for Nimrod.
- Thats a decapitated Marilith in the Malakim picture.
- The five angels surrounding Sandalphon are (going from left to right) a Monadic Deva, Astral, Deva, Planetar, Solar and Movanic Deva
- The shining mountain behind the Elohim was meant to represent the Seven Heavens.
- The Timber Dragon picture is meant to be during the winter months (thats why it has no leaves/wings)

Also, the dragon illustrations were roughly shaped according to the first letter of their name. So the Mithril Dragons body looks like an 'm', the Polychromatic Dragon looks like a 'p' and so forth.

A few things I am not that happy with:

- I am wondering if the Akalich is dark enough.
- Syzygy's 'frozen flame shroud' looks more like electricity than fire.
- I probably should have had beams of light shining out from behind the cracks in the Atata.

But overall I am fairly happy I suppose.

Hi Alzrius mate! :)

Alzrius said:
So U_K, does this mean you won't be changing those dragon names?

Not on account of the illustrations, that was simply a design device I used to help me create the piece.

But I still want to review what the name changes will do to che dragons stats - the adamantite dragon would seemingly need some powers changed.

By the way, another day, another website failure to load. Hopefully these latest teething troubles will have sorted themselves before tonight and I can update the rest of the art.

weiknarf

Explorer
kyriotates

"in its right hand it wields a sword of brilliant radiance, while in its left it carries a double rod;"

However U_K, in the illo he has the weapons in opposite hands.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
But I still want to review what the name changes will do to che dragons stats - the adamantite dragon would seemingly need some powers changed.

Oh for pete's sake! That's just foolish. Just change the name to something generic like Durant Dragon and move on with your life before you die of old age or a thrown brick.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Here's a darker Akalich. I photoshopped it up for you.

Attachments

• Akalich.jpg
    Akalich.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 108

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

Thanks, thats meant to be the sundered divinity of Hercules fighting Ares in Olympus.

Cool idea.

Thats a Balor in the Kyriotates picture (for scale).

Got it!

The dragon in the Cometary Dragon picture is a Great Wyrm Red Dragon

Nice touch.

The background of the Akalich is the Tower card from the Major Arcana in a Tarot deck. I read that particular card was based on the Tower of Babel - so it was appropriate for Nimrod.

I've noticed the Tarot influence sprinkled throughout your work. ;)

But overall I am fairly happy I suppose.

You should be as it appears the Bestiary is ripe for a release.

On another note, I noticed that www.classicmarvel.com has posted several of the original TSR downloads on the site (most everything). I've compiled most in pdf format. If you like I could send them to you.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Upper_Krust said:

I agree with Anabstercorian that that's taking it a bit too far. That'd only be an issue for the one trait of the Adamantite dragon, and that's just an issue of renaming that ability. Make it an Extraordinary power, and call it Piercing Damage or something, and it's all good.

Hey weiknarf dude! :)

weiknarf said:
"in its right hand it wields a sword of brilliant radiance, while in its left it carries a double rod;"

However U_K, in the illo he has the weapons in opposite hands.

DOH! :confused:

By the way I tried to update the site both last night and again this morning. So far no luck. The Amidah Vampire and Nexus Dragon illustrations are almost finished (I should have them ready within the hour. The Amidah illustration is my favourite of all, and the Nexus Dragon is suitably surreal. ;)

Although I had originally hired an artist to do the cover, that partnership didn't quite work out. However, now that I have a few months of practice behind me, I have redrawn a new cover (which I think is actually pretty good). I hope to have the painting finished sometime tomorrow.

Hey there! :)

Anabstercorian said:
Oh for pete's sake! That's just foolish. Just change the name to something generic like Durant Dragon and move on with your life before you die of old age or a thrown brick.

I think you misunderstand. I simply haven't attended to the changes yet, I was only belabouring the matter while I finish the art. Now that is almost finished I will begin to concentrate on the aforementioned revisions.

Anabstercorian said:
Here's a darker Akalich. I photoshopped it up for you.

I quite like it, I may blacken my akalich illustration later.

Remove ads