Another Immortals Handbook thread

What do you wish from the Immortals Handbook?

• I want to see rules for playing Immortals

Votes: 63 73.3%
  • I want to see more Epic Monsters

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • I want to see Artifacts and epic Magic Items

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I want to see truly Epic Spells and Immortal Magic

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • I want Immortal Adventures and Campaigns Ideas

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • I want to see a Pantheon (or two) detailed

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I want to see something else (post below)

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I don't like Epic/Immortal gaming

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Poll closed .

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Ulitharid_Lord said:
Here is a picture of a 120-cell (a 4-D shape)

Black dodecahedra could merge to form the scales of the dragon. Instead of back legs, the dodecahedra could start to separate and trail off into nothingness.

I like the idea of the nexus dragon being 4-D and/or distorted.

Yep, the 3rd, 4th, and 5th dimensions are pretty much the only interesting ones for hyperpolyhedra.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Upper_Krust said:
WotC would use Adamantine nowadays anyway

As it turns out, they did. The Adamantine Dragon entry appears in Dragon #321. You should still change those dragon names in the IH though. ;)

devilish

Explorer
More 4-D madness!

I found this : http://4d.shadowpuppet.net/4d.php : today
Pretty cool description of 4-dimensional space with an interactive
4-D rotation tool --- though my mind can't wrap around it, it looks
cool. The background music is cool, too. :p

Keep it going, UK -- sounds like you can at least see the finish line (for the
Bestiary at least ;) )

-D

Hi all! :)

Just a quick update, it seems the web server thing has been sorted, although I need to reload all my pages (I think) before you can view them. However, when I tried logging in to my control panel it didn't recognise my password. So I am going to email the support desk again and see exactly what do do because its not at all clear from the prompting.

So at least we know they are making progress, but it may still take me 24 hours to resolve this matter.

Currently there are six illustrations that need finished (one of which only needs a background). I hope to cut that figure in half by tonight and finish the remainder tomorrow. I will then need at least 24 hours work on the text to finish the changes I mentioned.

I have also seen the first sketches for the cover characters, so I can confidently say that is in good hands.

1. I have two illustrations to 'ink*', and one that just needs a background.
2. I have three illustrations which need drawn and inked.

So that is the art status.

3. I have to finish off the Amidah and Nexus Dragon entries.
4. I have to fix the more recent errata
5. I have to collect the cover illustration from the hired artist (I'm not doing the cover illustration myself).
6. I was going to convert the templated characters to the new standard character layout (As per Dungeon magazine, or Dungeon Masters Guide II).
7. I have to double check the Challenge Ratings.

#3 and #4 are well underway, but still need some work. As I mentioned above I am still going to need 24 hours work on the text to finish it off...there are a lot of changes that most of you will be unaware of, but I think you'll get a kick out of. ;)

So bear with me slightly longer, we are definately on the home stretch. :cool:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Pssthpok said:
Please, don't blow time converting to the format from DMGII... such a waste of time and for little to no real effect.
I disagree. The new format is a lot more readable, and makes it a lot easier to reference information during a fight. For this particular instance, take your time, UK.

Kerrick

First Post
I have to add my voice to Pssthpok's - stick with the old statblocks. I hate the new ones - they're stupid, ugly, and they take up too much space.

Knight Otu

First Post
When a guy as prodding as Anabstercorian says "Take your time", either hell froze over, or it is a really good idea. I'm with the illithid on this.

Anabstercorian

First Post
The question is, am I eager for a more readable bestiary, or have I just stopped caring? Maybe he should hurry after all.

Edit: Seriously, though, do whichever you prefer. Ultimately it's your choice. Whatever you decide, try to complete the task in a timely fashion.

Hi all! :)

Regarding the new stat blocks, if I don't get ScalaSans Bold (and ScalaSans Italic - although thats less important) I won't be doing it.

Those new stat blocks really require you to have the bold version which I don't have. Making ScalaSans bold on my computer works, but when it comes to making a pdf, it didn't work for the unofficial version (remember all that bother I had with not being able to get the fonts emboldened).

So, I'd like to change things but if I don't find that font within the next day or two it won't be happening.

Remove ads