• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Answering Questions about Draconomicon: Metallic Dragons (was: Primal Power Preview)

FireLance

Legend
Meh. I really would have preferred orichalcum. Is it really that obscure?
Orichalcum is also big in Shadowrun and Exalted, amongst other places. I think it's in one (or more) of the Final Fantasy games, too, isn't it?
I think coyote6 might have touched on one of the unstaed, supporting reasons why WotC might have gone with the made-up name. Orichalcum features prominently in the Final Fantasy series and related games, and someone unfamiliar with the real-world roots of the term might think that WotC is just ripping off Square Enix.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Orichalcum features prominently in the Final Fantasy series and related games, and someone unfamiliar with the real-world roots of the term might think that WotC is just ripping off Square Enix.

See I wasn't even aware of its presence in some of those games... only aware of its legendary source.

Aegeri

First Post
I would love to know more about Bahamut. I've heard that he's absolutely bananas (and that is the dragon form of course).

Last edited:

lazerfish

First Post
At one point, the plan was to change it to cinnabar! (I tried my best to make that not happen. :) )

A cinnabar dragon would have to use a fire breath weapon. It would also need to be able to shapechange into the form of a small red and white ball and only grow wings after reaching the adult stage.

It's hoard would include, among other things, Volcano Badges.

I would also like to hear more about Bahamut.

Last edited:

Nahat Anoj

First Post
Hmm, would you be able to share the breath weapons of the "new" metallics, por favor? :) I don't want actual stats, just a descriptions of the type of damage and maybe any rider effects.

I think with Draconomicon 2, I'll really be able to dive in to a faux Dragonlance setting I'd like to run. It would have a similar campaign history and the like, but there would also be significant differences to the official setting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads