• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Answering Questions about Draconomicon: Metallic Dragons (was: Primal Power Preview)

Cam Banks

Adventurer
I think coyote6 might have touched on one of the unstaed, supporting reasons why WotC might have gone with the made-up name. Orichalcum features prominently in the Final Fantasy series and related games, and someone unfamiliar with the real-world roots of the term might think that WotC is just ripping off Square Enix.

Given how much Square Enix is inspired by D&D to begin with (Bahamut, Tiamat, just to give two perfectly fine mythological yet iconic examples) I don't think a lawyer would have much to go on.

I'm also kind of floored by "but nobody would know how to pronounce it." This is D&D, people. It teaches people words they never would have used otherwise.

Cheers,
Cam

Logan_Bonner

First Post
A cinnabon dragon? YUM.

And that's exactly why I didn't like cinnabar.

Hmm, would you be able to share the breath weapons of the "new" metallics, por favor? :) I don't want actual stats, just a descriptions of the type of damage and maybe any rider effects.

I think with Draconomicon 2, I'll really be able to dive in to a faux Dragonlance setting I'd like to run. It would have a similar campaign history and the like, but there would also be significant differences to the official setting.

You should keep an eye on the excerpts. I think you'll be interested in the orium dragon's breath weapon and the draconians. I'll give you a hint on the breath weapon: This one hangs out for a while. And walks around.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
  • Jalaanvaloss, a steel dragon, who (according to her sidebar) originated in the city of Waterdeep in Forgotten Realms.

• Interesting, considering that steel dragons used to be known as Greyhawk dragons.

[*]Silvara, a silver dragon, who is from Dragonlance (and the only one I previously recognized).

What do they say about her? Anything past the War of the Lance?

Aegeri

First Post
Still hoping for some news about what Bahamut is like.

Much like how I'm amazed nobody has yet spilled the beans on the new Orcus stats.

Sigh, it tis too cruel.

Jack99

Adventurer
Still hoping for some news about what Bahamut is like.

Much like how I'm amazed nobody has yet spilled the beans on the new Orcus stats.

Sigh, it tis too cruel.

Not much to say. He is one level higher but has the same stats (except +1 initiative and perception). They changed his resists to 20 3/enc and gave him a close blast 4 melee attack so he can (at times) hit more than one enemy..

Just what I noticed at a glance the other day, might be other stuff, but no book atm.

Aegeri

First Post
Not much to say. He is one level higher but has the same stats (except +1 initiative and perception). They changed his resists to 20 3/enc and gave him a close blast 4 melee attack so he can (at times) hit more than one enemy..

Just what I noticed at a glance the other day, might be other stuff, but no book atm.

Is that Orcus? I am entirely confused.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads