• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Any Good Form Fillable + Savable Character Sheets?

Tormyr

Hero
Thank you.

How did you manage to do that?

I have Adobe Acrobat Standard. $40 with my new laptop a couple of years ago. It gives the option to save the PDF as an "Extended PDF" which opens up the saving of form fields permission but restricts other permissions that are normally available for Reader users.

WotC left everything open on their PDFs. I was even able to edit the weapon fields in the middle of the sheet on my personal copy to fix it so the text Auto Fit instead of running out of space.

jak83

First Post
The issue here is definitely with the PDF readers themselves. If anyone is still looking for one that will let you open, fill out, and save your PDF without the hassle of saving it as a new document, changing settings, etc., Nitro PDF is great. I came across it when I was having issues with Adobe and Foxit on character sheets a while back. Works like a charm.

Li Shenron

Legend
I tried another PDF, but the problem is the same. I tried to save it and it told me it can only save a blank copy.

At this rate, I might as well give up using PDFs and go for Word or Excel sheets. I know they're primitive as hell, but hey, they actually let you save the data you put in.

Just upgrade Acrobat Reader to XI. I also had the same problem with the WotC official character sheet, then after upgrading (for free) all form-fillable PDFs became save-able.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads