Any ideas; late Paragon, early Epic?

Ryujin

Legend
The group, that I'm DMing for, is going to hit late Paragon soon, upon completion of "Revenge of the Giants", and I'm currently all at sea regarding where to go from here. Unfortunately our usual DM, who ran for 2+ years prior to my take-over, has read virtually all the available material and has a phenomenal memory for detail. When I was running a Pathfinder adventure path I had to make him the player who used the equivalent of Tarot Cards, because he had merely *skimmed* the adventures.

Does anyone have any ideas? Might "Tomb of Horrors" be OK, if I only ran the later sections? I know that he hasn't read that, but then again neither have I. Is there anything recent and good, that covers from level 17+ and would work in a more stand-alone capacity?

delericho

Legend
I'm afriad I've got to recommend against "Tomb of Horrors". I really liked the first chapter, but after that it seems to go hobbily wrong, and get progressively worse with each chapter.

What characters do you have? What paragon paths have they adopted, and do you have any idea their intended epic destinies?

If you're finishing up "Revenge of the Giants", maybe you could do something with Titans? Perhaps the Primordials have released some of the imprisoned Titans in a bid to kick-start a new war against the Gods. And the first step in their diabolic plan is to have the PCs wipe out the church of Bane - undeniably a force for evil... but also one of the most powerful allies the gods have.

Ryujin

Legend
Pity about ToH then.

I'd have to check on their PPs but the group consists of a Longtooth Shifter 2-Blade Ranger who's built for staying power, a Minotaur charging Barbarian, an Pursuing Avenger/Relentless Slayer, a Kalashtar Pacifist Cleric/Compassionate Healer, and an occasional elementally-themed Wizard, who likes thunder and lightening, but isn't locked into it.

The Avenger would certainly like a Titan/Primordially themed continuation, as he took Giants as his preferred enemy before knowing that it was the Giants super-module we'd be doing, but I don't really have much time for a home-brew. I could perhaps spring the time to refluff an existing module though, and I'd been thinking along those lines.

Arbanax

First Post
Hey mate have you read this blog :Adventure: Shadowfell (Part 7 – The Exploding Mount) | Standard Action

The guy there documents his characters weekly encounters and they are deep in the Shadowfell and somewhere in Epic, I think around the middle somewhere. Might be worth having a look.

Not sure about anyone else, of course Sly Flourish's book on the Epic levels might also be helpful for adventure suggestions and there is always the scales of war campaign - unless your DM turned player has read that as well?

Ab

Dedekind

Explorer
Does you have to have a pre-made adventure or are you just wanting ideas in general?

If you don't mind converting, there is a short epic adventure at the back of the 3e Epic Level Handbook.

If you are just wanting ideas, the buried primordial on Frost Spire (in RotG) would be an interesting jumping off point for epic adventuring. The island (as part divinely built spear) could become a rallying point for other primordials.

Daern

Explorer
Another option is to use Paragon stuff with leveled up monsters, especially if you don't feel like getting super cosmic...

Ryujin

Legend
[MENTION=61517]Arbanax[/MENTION] - Thanks, I haven't seen that before. I'll give it a look.

[MENTION=63968]Dedekind[/MENTION] - I'm hoping for pre-gens, as I'm a working guy with a fairly heavy sideline in motorsports photography, so time is at a premium. A full conversion would likely be more than I could make time for, but rejigging an adventure for the type of creatures involved might be doable.

[MENTION=81800]Durn[/MENTION] - That's an idea I'll have to look into. If there's something in upper Paragon that would work thematically, that I wouldn't have to massage too heavily, then it would work.

[MENTION=43019]keterys[/MENTION] - Hoping to take it all the way which means I'll need to have adventures in mind, so that I can map out a path to resolution. Still working on where I want to take it all.

Riastlin

First Post
The two recent epic LFR adventures (which tie into each other with a third on the way) are pretty decent and could probably be expanded upon with only a little bit of work.

Additionally, from what it sounds like, you could probably adapt WotBS epic adventures to your campaign with only a little bit of work. Its certainly not ideal but the adventure path certainly seems to be well liked. Other than that though, I'm not really aware of much, if any, epic content out there -- which is why so many of us are looking forward to the upcoming DDi arc that is supposedly epic tier.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I hate to say it, but for pure pregenerated adventurers at the epic level, you're a bit boned. There are probably a few in Dungeon and the ones that WoTC put out before they knew what they were doing with the game system. That they are leaving as is. Even though several of them don't appear to be in print anymore.

Remove ads