• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any module/sourcebook made you go "Drop everything I want to run this right now?"

haiiro

First Post
For me, it'd be the 3.0 PHB and -- much more recently -- Eberron. Actually, in the case of Eberron, reading the book made me want to play in a campaign, not DM it. ;)

I have a sneaked suspicion that both Grim Tales and d20 Future will have this sort of effect as well -- the former appeals to my inner rules tinker, and the impending appearance of the latter has given me some fun ideas for a non-fantasy game.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Holy Bovine said:
Not to hijack the thread but which issues of Dungeon contain the Adventure Path modules?

I don't know off the top of my head (most of my issues are packed away), but I found this for you.

Big Jake said:
Here 'ya go:

#97 -- Life's Bazaar, inlcudes a pull-out poster map of Cauldron
#98 -- Flood Season
#102 - Zenith Trajectory
#104 - The Demonskar Legacy
#107 - Test of the Smoking Eye
#109 - Secrets of the Soul Pillars
#111 - Lords of Oblivion
#113 - Foundation of Flame

And the last ones are not yet published (with thanks to Rauol Duke):

#114 - Thirteen Cages
#115 - Strike on Shatterhorn
#116 - Asylum

Last edited:

JoAT

First Post
Mac Callum said:
Ditto.

JoAt? of "The JoAt Company, Inc." fame?

Brock MacCallum

*blinks. Googles The JoAT Company*

Bah! Some book publisher went back in time and stole my name! Now I feel that I must mark this sorrow with something special... What could it be... Of course! Adding X-Crawl to the list of those 'Jump up and Play Me!' books... So very, very cool... Maybe I should just begin sending characters off through each setting, so I can do it all...

I have to second the motion for

Arcana Unearthed (when we got it into our hands we immediately started making characters and playing "Plague Of Dreams")

The Freeport adventure in the Polyhedron section of Dungeon...(when I read it, I started throwing together a Freeport campaign - as a birthday present I let another player choose which campaign it would be, L5R d20, Freeport or the Dungeon Adventure Path - it became the Adventure Path instead...)

d10

First Post
Joshua Randall said:
Githyanki Incursion from Dragon and Dungeon magazines. I haven't been that excited about D&D since I opened the Red Box Basic set in 1982.

Word to that!! Made the Gith my new fav monsters it did!

:p

Nightchilde-2

First Post
For D&D: When it was released, the FRCS. More recently, the Eberron CS. Danged fine setting, that.

For White Wolf games: Exalted. I'm pretty sure the same will go for the new World of Darkness stuff.

Others: Deadlands Classic (the One True Deadlands).

Remove ads