• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any module/sourcebook made you go "Drop everything I want to run this right now?"

VorpalBunny

Explorer
JeffB said:
The FRCS and the two FR adventures in Dungeon mag around the release time were awesome too...The Door from Everwhere by Roger Moore and the mistledale one by Skip Williams (name escapes me at the moment)

The Raiders of Galath's Roost, Dungeon #87. And yeah, the FRCS made me want to run a Realms game right fraggin' now also.

Oh, and when I picked up Dead Gods I got the same feeling.

Last edited:

mearls

Hero
Eberron - Despite WotC's marketing efforts, I bought this book and love it. We've done two sessions so far, and my gaming group adores the setting.

Arcana Unearthed - The best attempt to take a novel setting and make it easy to understand. (Disclaimer - I work for Malhavoc, but I wasn't an employee when I bought AU.)

3e - I boxed up and put my 2e and 1e books into storage that day I finished reading the pre-press version I received to help write Living Greyhawk material.

Mutants & Masterminds - Supers done right.

Call of Cthulhu d20 - Horror done right.

The D&D Minis Game - I love this game!

Last edited:

d20Dwarf

Explorer
mearls said:
Arcana Unearthed - The best attempt to take a novel setting and make it easy to understand. (Disclaimer - I work for Malhavoc, but I wasn't an employee when I bought AU.!
What a corporate shill... :D

ruleslawyer

Heh.

Feel funny posting this right after Wil and Mike, but another vote each for Midnight and Arcana Unearthed.

Wil, this is rather presumptuous, but would you mind looking at this topic when you've a chance?

Last edited:

redmetal

First Post
Drop everything!

I have had lots of things make me really want to just drop everything and start a new campaign. I guess I have Dndadd...

The biggest ones have been
Dragonlance Campaign Setting
Modern D20
Ancients OGL (just recently happened)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Redhurst. Wow, what a great supplement this is for starting a new game; a more interesting Hogwarts with a graphic presentation that blew my socks off.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Piratecat said:
Redhurst. Wow, what a great supplement this is for starting a new game; a more interesting Hogwarts with a graphic presentation that blew my socks off.

Ditto that. My Kids are near-aneurysm with expectation for this game.

Also, Grimm, Dawnforge and Mutants and Masterminds

I've run neither Grimm nor Dawnforge...but damn they wound me up!

Mr. Kaze

First Post
City of the Spider Queen after running Return to Temple of Elemental Evil for about a year and wondering as the PCs ticked off the months with countless town trips if the cult had any actual deliverables to demonstrate that the apocalypse was progressing on schedule. It ended badly.

So then we got a new group of PCs and got them squashed by City of the Spider Queen. And now we're finishing up a grossly over-modified Return to Temple of Elemental Evil with a brand new plot-hook directly into City of the Spider Queen. Makes me happy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads