Any news on d20 Delta Green?

Anthraxus

Explorer
Mouseferatu said:
Oh, hell no.

Went there. Looked at it. Decided to order. Got as far as checkout.

But there is no way I'm spending $16 on shipping on a $40 book!! Media mail ought to cost about $2 or $3 for a book of that weight, maximum, but they chose not to offer it. :mad:

Well, they just lost my business. I'll wait to find it at my FLGS, or for Paizo to get it back in stock.

That's weird, it cost me $11.20 for 2 books and a bumper sticker(to Wisconsin). They sent it priority mail- it didn't seem like they had another shipping option. I wonder why yours was so high?

Anthraxus said:
That's weird, it cost me $11.20 for 2 books and a bumper sticker(to Wisconsin). They sent it priority mail- it didn't seem like they had another shipping option. I wonder why yours was so high?

Texas is a third world country as far our post offices go heh.

Garnfellow

Explorer
Mouseferatu said:
Actually, I hadn't checked Paizo. I was just making a (foolish) assumption that they'd offer a cheaper method. If they don't, I won't order from them, either.

Companies need to start offering media mail. Some of us are willing to wait the extra few weeks to avoid paying an additional 35-50% in shipping. :\

The price I was quoted through Paizo was

1 x Delta Green Hardcover (d20) @ 35.96 = $35.96

Subtotal (1 Item): $35.96
Shipping & Handling: $9.32
-----------------------------------
Order Total: $45.28

Of course, the status is still pending . . .

trancejeremy

Adventurer
FRPGames charged $5 for shipping it via media mail. Which is probably a little more than it actually would cost, but they do put it in a nice big box full of foam peanuts.

Anthraxus

Explorer
dragonlordofpoondari said:
Now that I'm a DG fan, what DG products would you folks recommend beyond the core book and countdown (either in or oop)?

DLOP- there are really only the two books that you can currently buy: The DG d20 book, and DG: Countdown(still in BRP only format).

The 3 "Eyes Only" books that were made 4-6 years back are currently being combined into one book(with a couple new adventures) and that is currently in the preorder phase- looking for an Aug. to Sep. release this year. The link I posted above shows the preorder page, and here is a link to some information on that book.

I'm just hoping the Delta Green books sell well, and warrant more books being made. I'd really like to see an adventure or mega adventure using DG material. :cool:

trancejeremy said:
FRPGames charged $5 for shipping it via media mail. Which is probably a little more than it actually would cost, but they do put it in a nice big box full of foam peanuts.

Now that, I can get behind. Especially since, with their $5 discount, it's comes out as a wash. (Actually, it's a little cheaper than trying to find it locally, since I don't have to pay sales tax.)

Ordered. And thanks for the suggestions, TJ. :)

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
dragonlordofpoondari said:
Now that I'm a DG fan, what DG products would you folks recommend beyond the core book and countdown (either in or oop)?

Occasionally magainzes such as The Unspeakable Oath or Black Seal would put out Delta Green material, but those are going to be hard to track down. I think some Unspeakable Oath excerpts are available at the Pagan Publishing site, I don't remember if there's anything DG related or not.

That said, web surfing is going to be your best bet. There's an official DG site seperate from the Pagain site that has a lot of info, as well as a Delta Green mailing list, that gets a lot of activity. There's some other odds and ends scattered about- Denis Detwiller (author of the aforementioned "Eyes Only" books) has a couple of free adventures on his website.

When CoC D20 first came out, there was a DG D20 adventure in an issue of Dungeon, I think the number was 90. The title was "PX Poker Night".

Finally, Pagan put out some DG-branded fiction compilations and novels, but I haven't read them so I really couldn't say anything about them.

Remove ads