• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anybody adventuring in Westeros? (Song of Ice and Fire) SOME SPOILERS

Devall2000

First Post
Is anyone playing a campaign in Westeros. I played in one awhile back that is currently on hold. I'm glad that Dragon coverd Westeros in #307 but disagreed with some of the classes that they came up with for a couple of characters out of the books.

Specifically, I haven't seen anything to indicate that Stannis is a Paladin beyond his rigidness. Plus, how could he remain a Paladin after the little hellspawn, that he and Melisandra made, cut Renly down.

Daenarys being a sorcerer is not as much of a hard sell, but I had some problems with it. Granted, she did run through that house of magic and created the dragons, but I have a hard time directly translating that into her being a sorcerer.

Is there anything coming out in regard to D20 Westeros/Song of Ice and Fire?

thanks,
Jamie

Last edited:

ConnorSB

First Post
When I read the westeros articles, I was actually struck by how much the Stark kids are Druids. Or at least Bran. I mean, him and summer have EXACTLY the kind of bond I figured an animal companion would have. Freakly, almost. Oh, and how can they make Melisandre higher level than Thoros of Myr, if Thoros keeps casting Resurrection (Catlyn was far too dead to have been raised). Plus, if he is only 9th level, he can't even cast Resurrection. What is up?

Olive

Explorer
It's fairly obvious that the dragon article was show horning westeros in to DnD, and not the other way round. Why you'd beother to do that I'm not sure, but that's what they did, and given the goal they did an ok job IMO.

Also theros isn't casting resurection, he's casting some form of tainted/imperfect raise dead.

I'll be interested to see how the d20 game works, but if it's taking Martin away from the writing, then I'd rather it wasn't released at all! I'm almost certainy noever going to play a westeros game, and probably won't get the book, but I'll read every novel the man writes!

Cor Azer

First Post
I haven't seen much of Guardians of Order's other stuff. How have their products been in general? What other stuff have they put out?

I'm looking forward to their Song of Ice and Fire book, but I'm always leary of companies I'm unfamiliar with doing licensed products of properties I enjoy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads