• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anybody got any stats on Nexus "Gold Dragon"

Shylo Slick

First Post
Need stats on the Legendary Gold Dragon from FR game world, the Dragons name is Nexus.

Also would appreciate any stats "homebrews accepted" on the following dragons...

Icehaupt
Kizzap
Maelester Rex
Shift
Torch "Lux"
Soltice

Sojourn

First Post
Nexus

Nexus is one of the 7 Gold Dragons that comprise Bahamut's Court. He is the court wizard, in fact. I bumped up his magic level a little more than most dragons. The Cult of the Dragon brought Tiamat back, and it is Nexus' opinion that the Cult is extremely dangerous, an example that proves mere mortals should not have access to magic. Nexus is on a self-appointed crusade to remove magic from the hands of Player Characters, as one would take a loaded weapon away from a toddler. Nexus treasure hoard also contains several artifacts that he felt were too dangerous to be loose in the campaign. I can't start a new paragraph? That's annoying. Someone should fix that error. Shift resided in a Dead Magic Zone, knowing that PCs deprived of their toys whine loud and long when faced with a fair fight. So Ace built a PC specifically to hunt down shift: a ranger/psionicist who could operate at full power in a dead magic zone. Shift is also a powerful psion. Ace gamed for months building up power until he was ready to confront Shift...and just before he did, one of my old players returned on leave from the Navy, waltzed in and killed Shift. Turns out he's not that tough, and Ace was being way too cautious and cowardly and should've just killed him. Enter Shift II- from a parallel dimension. He came in, claimed the Crown of Horns, and settled down in one of the many, now empty, lairs from all the dead black dragons Pyrite Mudface had killed while he was working up to take out the original Shift. Pyrite retired and no one's bothered Shift yet. I took his name very literally- aside from merely being a psionicist instead of an arcane caster, Shift's specialty is shifting- plane shifting, dimension door, teleporting. But he also employs a Scale Shift spell to change his color, either to appear metallic so he can get close to the party, or to appear as a different kind of dragon so they will use spells to which he is immune. His henchmen are all Will-o-wisps. Icehaupt I used standard White Dragon stats for. Kizzap I think is one of the Blood of Morueme blue dragons, who united to exterminate any lesser lone dragons and take their hoards. Torch is the only "good" red dragon but otherwise has standard stats. I'm not familiar with Solstice. and Molester Rex is an Ancient Black Dragon who is allied to Sol'Kanar the Swamp King, a blue-black-red (chaotic/neutral evil) legend who heals from necromancy spells cast against him. If an amount of damage isn't specified, he heals 1pt/level of spell. The Vast Swamp is an Anarchy, as black dragons are chaotic, so truthfully anyone can claim to be the King, but Sol'Kanar & Rex have the power to back up their claim. Encountering the party, Rex appears quite bored, as though he's seen this a hundred times- maybe a thousand times at his age. He clearly doesn't expect the party to fight. It's not that he isn't paying attention, but that he is paying the bare minimum of attention and let's Sol'Kanar handle the details of their execution or taxation for entering his domain. Treat him as "fascinated" (-2 spot/listen/initiative) until the PCs make an overt hostile action that alerts him.

Remove ads