Anybody know when the Bestiary will be out in hard copy?

Evenglare

Adventurer
I'm a mod over at pelgrane press. I too have been asking the same question with no answer so far. It's slightly annoying. Biggest pet peeve is when a company doesn't inform its customers on this kind of stuff, especially when we have preordered it. Last information was that it was going to be shipped the first week of june... well that is come and gone with not a word acknowledging it.

waderockett

Explorer
In the April Page XX, Simon announced that it was at the printers and on track for a mid-June release. Once a book is at the printer there's not going to be much news unless something goes horribly wrong.

Pog

First Post
Mid -June, ok. :)

i agree with Evenglare that things have been too slow with too little communication, though.

Pog

First Post
It seems such a shame that they weren't, for whatever reason, able to capitalise upon the momentum and good will generated by fantastic early reviews by putting out product more quickly and efficiently. I wonder if 13th Age has lost momentum?

See http://pelgranepress.com/site/?p=15137 for full latest details. Highlights:

• The 13th Age Bestiary is with the printers, on target for a mid-June delivery date. Pre-order your copy now from the Pelgrane store. It’s available on Bits and Mortar, too, so you can pre-order it from your local retailer and get the PDF now.
  • The Bestiary limited edition is in the changing rooms at the boutique, trying out new outfits of faux leather colours and gold foil. The limited B is currently available for pre-order, with Hatchling edition customers geting first dibs.
  • 13 True Ways is finally in layout. We apologize for the extreme delay in getting this Kickstarted product out to you – we think it’s worth the wait. We’ll put in on pre-order this month. It’s touch and go if we’ll have it out in time for GenCon and Kickstarter backers come first. A non-laid out PDF version should be out with backers in the next couple of weeks.
  • For FreeRPGDay , Saturday 21st June, we’ll be releasing a new retail-exclusive adventure Make Your Own Luck. 3500 of these adventures will be distributed free in up to 700 hobby stores.Stores can sign up here and you can find your nearest participating retailer here.
I believe about 1200 GMs are currently active in the 13th AGE Living campaign; not sure how many actual players that means, and I'd guess most players are playing in non-living campaigns, so pretty active group. They sold out all slots for Gen Con in 30 minutes, but I think are adding more GMs for the large demand.

Hope that info is helpful

Dungeoneer

First Post
It seems such a shame that they weren't, for whatever reason, able to capitalise upon the momentum and good will generated by fantastic early reviews by putting out product more quickly and efficiently. I wonder if 13th Age has lost momentum?
It's a small indie press with limited funds and manpower. They aren't going to be able to move as quickly as a big publisher!

Personally the delay has only increased my appetite for new material. I'll buy anything they print at this point. Shut up and take my money! :cool:

Remove ads