Anybody using Threads yet?

Is Threads available in the UK?

It's not available in the EU, probably because the entire thing is a horrific privacy nightmare (as is all Facebook things - I say this having had to use WhatsApp in the past and having a very dead Facebook account). I can understand why people are using it, but I'd be cautious - the damn thing is deadnaming people all the time, and anything to do with Facebook generally ends in tears.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Old Hotness: Facebook Meta is using all of our data and making the world a worse place.

New Hotness: Hey, have you heard of threads? It's really really easy to sign up for it, and we should start using it!

Old Hotness: Facebook Meta is using all of our data and making the world a worse place.

New Hotness: Hey, have you heard of threads? It's really really easy to sign up for it, and we should start using it!
I have Facebook for two reasons: First, in order to stay in contact with my church (it's an hour away, and my back keeps me from going as often as I want), and during the pandemic it was the only way to participate in the Liturgy. Second, to share my wife's sewing videos, because it makes her happy.

The less social media in my life, the happier I am.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Threads participation is down fifty percent, because it sucks. I'm unsure that will really change, as this is how Meta works. Unfortunately, a couple people I follow on Twitter seem more interested in threads, so I stay on both ...

My only feeling towards Threads, is that I've been making an on and off joke for about five years now when bombarded with someone's array of social media presences or parodying such, of offering to let people "thread me on Thimble" (sometimes stylized "thmble"), and this eventual existence of a Threads network makes me feel more confident that my satire has been on point.

Remove ads