Anybody using Threads yet?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
An exciting thing about Mastodon (or rather, the Fediverse it is one part of) is that Threads is planned to be added to the Fediverse in the future, which will mean that if you found Mastodon confusing, you will be able to connect to that content (i.e. the greater Fediverse content) through the Threads app in the future. Contrariwise, if you don't want to have a Meta social media app, joining Mastodon will allow you to connect with Threads content in the future.

(There's also a Fediverse version of Reddit that's apparently picking up steam, but I am an old coot who just looks at Reddit once in a while when my wife or kid sends me a funny link.)

Last edited:

People on Twitter deserve each other. The rest of the world deserves better.

I'm still happy not having any social media except this site, since Wizards stopped caring what customers thought in freeform.
56ohlr.png

Vael

Legend
Threads is ... meh. It's not the dumpster fire of Twitter, but there are still too many people I follow there to completely abandon the site.

Kaodi

Hero
I quit Twitter late last year and I recently told a friend that I was going to try and hold on for a year before seriously considering a replacement. I feel like I have been extremely out of the loop compared to what I used to be. And it can be good to have a reset in that way. But I do not think I will bear to be disconnected like that in the long term. Musk has soured me so badly on egomaniacal billionaires though that I am not eager for Zuck's version either.

Zardnaar

Legend
I quit Twitter late last year and I recently told a friend that I was going to try and hold on for a year before seriously considering a replacement. I feel like I have been extremely out of the loop compared to what I used to be. And it can be good to have a reset in that way. But I do not think I will bear to be disconnected like that in the long term. Musk has soured me so badly on egomaniacal billionaires though that I am not eager for Zuck's version either.

I never used it and more or less cut off a lot of things. Eg no TV reception since 2010.

Won't kill you not having it for me it's a strictly optional thing.

Remove ads