Anybody using Threads yet?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I won't be signing up for a social media platform where you can't delete your account.

Fun fact. Even if you dont have an account on Facebook, they create a shadow account for you using the information from other people in order to monetize you.

Zuck- Hey, did you hear about the google motto?

FB Employee- Um, do you mean, “Don’t be evil.“

Zuck- Yeah, that! I love it! Let’s use it! Except the whole “don’t“ part.

Ondath

Hero
I opened an account for the podcast I run with a friend, but I didn't create a personal one. I mostly have privacy concerns, and I refuse to regularly use a social media website that shoves down algorithm-picked posts from accounts that I do not follow down my throat. If they get good enough privacy to launch in the EU and give the option to see a normal, chronological timeline with only posts from accounts that I follow, I'd consider opening a personal account.

What I really want to get into is Bluesky, but I couldn't find any invites for that one...

Ondath

Hero
Apparently Threads has a feed only of people you follow now. I think I'll commit to the switch once the app comes out in the EU, especially since TwitterX decided to speedrun its collapse.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Apparently Threads has a feed only of people you follow now. I think I'll commit to the switch once the app comes out in the EU, especially since TwitterX decided to speedrun its collapse.
What Twitter will be called is a good question, though, since apparently both Meta and Microsoft have claims on the X trademark for different uses. Musk can apparently only use it for banking which Twitter is ... not.

Ondath

Hero
AFAIK Microsoft only has it in association with Xbox and the gaming industry, so they're probably safe from that. But if Musk ends up being unable to use his pet domain name because Zuckerberg owns the trademark in social media, it'll be funny. The fact that our entertainment comes from seeing billionaires fight petty battles is cyberpunk dystopian-levels of sad, but that's pretty funny.

Remove ads