Anyone else have packaging problems with the new minis?

So, I'm pretty bummed right now. I ordered a case of Against the Giants minis, but they're not being shipped until next week, so I went out today and grabbed a couple boxes from the FLGS.

All in all the minis are pretty nice. I don't play the minis game, but I like a little bit of random selection for my weekly game, sometimes they inspire me to try a different monster or what have you.

Now, you expect the usual bent weapons or what have you, but with one pack the insert which was obviously meant to protect the larger mini ended up crushing it instead, mangling a wing pretty badly. It's too bad especially since it was the one mini I really wanted.

So anyways, is this an isolated incident, or has anyone else had problems? I'd rather cancel my order and wait for whatever packing issues there are to be corrected if this is a common thing with the new set.

(Just to be fair, this is the only problem I've ever had with DnD minis outside of the slightly bent pieces thing. Overall I find them to be a good value, I'm just disappointed at them moment. Funny thing is, if I had gotten some other random crap it probably wouldn't have bothered me as much, but I wanted this one for a coming game.)

mearls

Hero
Contact customer service for a replacement miniature. I had something similar happen with an ice devil a few sets back. They can set you up.

Remove ads