• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone else have trouble finding online gamers?

SoulsFury

Explorer
I'm just curious if I'm the only one. I've been searching everywhere for months, leaving posts on gamers boards, etc and can't find even four people to get a game going. My online game I play in only has two players and a dm because no one else could play regularly. Anyone else have this problem?

SoulsFury

Agamon

Adventurer
I was looking for an online game to play a few months back, but decided to spend my time elsewhere. Looking at the PbEM News page, it looked as though most games were 2E (wtf?) and the rest were play-by-post, which I tried before, but found frustraing due to lack of commitment from other players and DMs.

S'mon

Legend
There's thousands of online D&Ders looking for games at www.pbem.com in the 'AD&D' section - most are 3e now, admittedly though most are email gamers (thus 'pbEM), not chatroom.

Aeolius

Adventurer
While I have found a player or two, over at pbem.com, I have noticed that many requests there are for free-form games, not 3e D&D. Also, many folks there seem strangely opposed to playing in message-based games. Add to that the fact that my game is set underwater (read that: scrap all you PH races), and yes, I have difficulty finding players there, much less anywhere else.

What I need are 3e D&D players who also enjoy writing and are fascinated by the sea. That shouldn't be too hard now, should it? ;)

People run all sorts of games over at Macray's Keep.

Currently, there are open games in
  • Advanced D&D 1st edition
  • Advanced D&D 2nd edition
  • D&D 3rd edition
  • Call of Cthulhu d20
  • Wheel of Time d20
  • GURPS
  • Heavy Gear
  • Lejendary Adventures
  • Robotech
  • Vampire: The Masquerade

Other games are run there, but there weren't any with open slots when I just checked.

Emiricol

Check here on the right side of the page. I turn away players all the time - the tough part is finding online gamers who are not complete flakes, but with patience it can be done.

If you post a game, I highly recommend posting a website with campaign info, make them see the site for info they MUST submit to be considered. That'll weed out lots of the flaky kinds of folks right there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads