Anyone else miss % dice?

Quickbeam

Explorer
Grazzt said:

The d100 I have basically resembles a ping pong ball with numbers (1-100) on it.

I've seen those, but never used one. So tell me, how long does it take to stop rolling AND how much sudual damage could you inflict with it, if thrown at the annoying guy across the table ;) ?!?

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
D100, simple Ranged weapon, Bludgeoning. 10 ft. Range increment. 1d2 damage, crit x2.

Trust me, that monster doesn't do subdual damage...

Myself, I am the DM, I get to roll lots of d%. I also like it when my players do stabilize rolls that way. (dunno why...)

Rav

Agamon

Adventurer
Rav said:
D100, simple Ranged weapon, Bludgeoning. 10 ft. Range increment. 1d2 damage, crit x2.

Trust me, that monster doesn't do subdual damage...

I dunno. It's hollow and pretty light actually. I'd rather be pelted with 50 d100's than with one d20.

EOL

First Post
What Bugs me is...

I seem to use the d% enough (of course I am playing an armor wearing sorcerer in one campaign) but what bugs me is that all the dice sets seem to have one d10 numbered 0-9 and one number 10, 20, 30., etc. I would much rather have two differently colored d10's both number 0-9. I feel that having 6 dice all od the same color and then one of a complementary color is very aesthetically pleasing. I hate having a die with a 60 on it.

omedon

First Post
If you really want to have some fun rolling percentile dice and you are not a DM I would suggest that you have your wizard craft a Rod of Wonder. It's the most fun you can have with percentile dice.

You might also consider picking up Wild Spellcraft by Ranger Wickett from Natural 20 press. I am sure something as unpredictable as wild spellcraft is bound to depend heavily on the percentile dices.

omedon

First Post
If anyone is missing percentile rolls it would be my guess that their DM is way too soft. I don't know about you guys but it seems every battle I have been in lately has sent on average about half our group to the brink of death. Stabalization checks ar a very common occurence in our campaign.

If you really miss percentile rolls you might ask your soft DM to run your characters through the Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil. I have heard it is pretty nasty and it is gauranteed to result in plenty of stabilization throws, of course this leads to plenty of deaths as well.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
I'm about to run RttToEE, but I don't expect to be making a lot of d% stabilization checks, since I use a vitality/wounds system, and characters use their Fortitude save to stabilize with those rules...

Quickbeam

Explorer
EOL:
Crystal Caste does make sets with an extra d10 of a different color instead of a % die.

omedon:
Our group sorceror does in fact have a Rod of Wonder, but he's only used it three times -- I guess he doesn't appreciate the effects it's produced thus far :D .

BTW, we'll be starting RttToEE sometime in the near future with a different party. I look forward to using my % dice then...sort of.

Remove ads