Anyone else not have their GenCon badge?

Sidereal Knight

First Post
I registered for my badge back in early February, and I don't remember seeing any kind of "Will Call" vs "Mail" option. After getting the canned response from GenCon registration, I asked where this switch was located. Here is the response:

We sent out 3 emails after the option was added.
We asked to check your shipping method or it will be set to the default
shipping method, Will Call.

registration@gencon.com

Having saved all of the messages they sent (including the ones that only said "Test"), I took a look. They did indeed mention it... in one sentance buried within a lot of promotional "information."

This is going to be my first GenCon, and so far I'm not impressed. I hope the Will Call line goes smoothly... should I bring a book?

Paladinwife

First Post
From what I can tell, you'd better bring a book...I'm hoping to be soooooo busy I won't have time to read the new HP....just look at it longingly from afar. As far as e-mail...try lindsay@gencon.com
:D
I know there is probably a way to hyperlink this, but I can be really clueless about this funny interactive TV thing in front of me!!!:D I'm sure Paladin will get over my shoulder and fix it later and tell me I look like a dumb a**...oh well.:D

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Sidereal Knight said:
I registered for my badge back in early February, and I don't remember seeing any kind of "Will Call" vs "Mail" option. After getting the canned response from GenCon registration, I asked where this switch was located. Here is the response:

Having saved all of the messages they sent (including the ones that only said "Test"), I took a look. They did indeed mention it... in one sentance buried within a lot of promotional "information."

This is going to be my first GenCon, and so far I'm not impressed. I hope the Will Call line goes smoothly... should I bring a book?

You should be able to pick up badges on Wednesday. I have seen good Will Calls and bad, some you are in and out in a few minutes, others you have to fight other lines to get to.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Last year, arriving on a Thursday afternoon, Russ was able to pick up his and Al's badges with zero wait at the will call area. I didn't see lines for anything. It was pretty incredible. Hopefully you'll have a similar experience this year! *crosses fingers*

Coik

First Post
Hand of Evil said:

You should be able to pick up badges on Wednesday. I have seen good Will Calls and bad, some you are in and out in a few minutes, others you have to fight other lines to get to.

According to the website, Will Call will be open from 2-9 pm on Wednesday.

Of course, it doesn't bother with petty, insignificant details like where they'll be set up.

Speaking of which, I got a reply on my badge...since I missed their hidden ship-to option, mine is Will Call. I get in after 8 on Wednesday, so hopefully I'll be able to run over there and get it (plus a copy of the on-site book) before they close.

Remove ads