• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone got a good family adventure?

drunkenmonk

First Post
We are thinking of starting a D&D family game night and I was hoping someone had an idea of an adventure (preferably a free download) that could be a fun first family adventure. (First time we have gamed together)

-- 3 Players --
My Wife (gamed a few times with white wolf not d&d yet)
Daughter 14 years old (avid tabletop gamer w/ her friends)
Son 6 years old (never gamed)
Possibly an NPC if one is needed

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Assuming you're sticking with the 3.x and not Pathfinder ruleset, I'd strongly suggest The Sunless Citadel. It's a very well-written 1st level adventure from around the birth of 3e. Fiddle at your leisure, but when I ran it, I found it a huge breath of fresh air from many other combat-heavy modules of its type.

JeffB

Legend
B3, palace of the silver princess (green cover production version). Or B1

Also I think it is battarria games (sp), that has a couple family/younger kid oriented modules for download. They are for Labyrinth Lord, IIRC.

phil62

Explorer
Also I think it is battarria games (sp), that has a couple family/younger kid oriented modules for download. They are for Labyrinth Lord, IIRC.
I'm struggling to identify that publisher... can anyone give a URL or hint on what to search for? Google throws up nothing useful for Battarria.

JeffB

Legend
Sorry, it is Barrataria games. Looks like the.website is in limbo. POD availabl ethrough Lulu, and PDFs through Drive thru. Cannot post links on this stupid NOOK, sorry.

Rainbow Lodge was the one I was thinking of but is not showing up on Drive Thru, only Lulu. You can probably google search around for the PDF.

The Song of Fodin and Hollow's Last Hope are good introduction adventures. Both are free and have a good mix of combat and RP.

If it goes over well, you can use Hollow's Last Hope as a jumping off point for other adventures.

Remove ads