Kickstarter Anyone supporting the Dwarven Forge Kickstarter

Alarian

First Post
Looking at the money being raised on this kickstarter, I think a better title for this topic would be Anyone NOT supporting the Dwarven Forge Kickstarter. I started in at $120 to get the free stuff and moved up to $175 yesterday and am hoping I can refrain from upping my pledge to $260 before it's over.

frankthedm

First Post
What I really like is the 1.5" half hallway peices mean it will be possible to make the 3" wide hallways 1st edition called for, but that were lost due to edition changes over the years.

1E AD&D DMG
Figure bases are necessarily broad in order to assure that the figures will stand in the proper position and not constantly be falling over. Because of this, it is usually necessary to use a ground scale... ...of about 1 actual inch per side are suggested. Each ground scale inch can then be used to equal 3 1/2 linear feet, so a 10' wide scale corridor is 3 actual inches in width and shown as 3 separate squares. This allows depiction of the typical array of three figures abreast, and also enables easy handling of such figures when they are moved.
This also lets the oversized artiste 30mm based figures get used more easily. I hate that base size, but sometimes a gaming table has to put up with those things. :rant:

Looking at the money being raised on this kickstarter, I think a better title for this topic would be Anyone NOT supporting the Dwarven Forge Kickstarter.
For the kind of money I'd have to drop for as much as I want, Hirst Arts would be the direction I'd go. I've got the spare time more than I have the spare money.

Last edited:

Jupp

Explorer
Our group is putting the money together for the 260$ pledge. The freight costs to Europe are a real killer but hey, if you divide the costs by 6 it is bearable. I just hope it reaches the 600k level so we get the rounded corners.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Yes, the rounded stuff would be very nice

A firend of mine here in Japan and I will be buying some stuff seperately and sharing some stuff to cut down on shipping.

Callahan09

Explorer
I, too, really like the rounded set. I'd have actually preferred to see the rounded stuff before the diagonal stuff, but that's OK, the diagonal stuff looks useful as well. I just hope the rounded stuff will be available to purchase later because I'm not going to get much of it with it just being a freebie for the $120+ supporters. As of now, I'm supporting at the 2-set level, so I'll only get a couple of rounded pieces, and I'll certainly require more than that!

Yowsers, that international shipping cost is damn high.

That said, I don't think Dwarven Forge are ripping anyone off on shipping costs. I totally understand it is expensive to ship internationally. For some reason the US seems to be super expensive to ship stuff overseas, especially compared to say the UK. I also know how bulky and heavy the Dwarven Forge pieces are.

So the costs are fair, but still, that's a lot of money spent on shipping.

I'd definitely consider this Kickstarter if it wasn't for the fact that I own about 20 Hirst Arts molds, the lack of storage space for the pieces and the look that my wife would give me when they arrived! :D

Olaf the Stout

Edit: I am glad to see that it's so successful though.

Remove ads