• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anything But Normal, Sailing the Endless Falls

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
In the effort to conserve some semblance of balance in this nutty campaign, yet, let's take away the face chakra to compensate for the shawl.

I shall consider special items for people and get back to you guys on that hopefully later tomorrow.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
In the effort to conserve some semblance of balance in this nutty campaign, yet, let's take away the face chakra to compensate for the shawl.

I shall consider special items for people and get back to you guys on that hopefully later tomorrow.
Sure. Nissa was unlikely to cover up her face anyway. Ananke made her wear an awful mask that made her susceptible during later training, as she berated Nissa for being too vain and thus took away her ability to see her face in the mirrors. Maybe after the horrific experience and the mask being ripped from Nissa's face and destroyed by Proteus, she wound up losing the ability to benefit from magical masks and such--she isn't sure whether it is a psychological block, a magical null chakra due to the item being ripped off and destroyed, or just more of her own failing :(

Rystil Arden

First Post
What Nissa Thinks of Other Characters:

Trebuchet--Okay, Nissa admits it--the big metal man with a skeleton head and glowing red eyes looks creepy. Initially, she had nightmares of him taking off his metal flesh and being a skeleton demon who wanted to sacrifice her on an altar. When she managed to put past this and get to know him, she realised that 'Trey', as she decided his name would be, was actually a cheerful and friendly fellow. After she had convinced herself of this and grown accustomed to him (she always uses male pronouns even though she knows that Trey is neither male nor female), she realised that he was actually cheerful to an extremely creepy extent when bad things are happening. He may be a construct like the gorgeous enchanted clockwork nightingale given to her mother as a gift by an artificer, but Nissa knows that Trey had a mind of his own...and she believes he has a soul as well. It is thus that she has decided to try to talk to him to help him understand the consequences of some of his actions, helping him display a wider range of emotions and avoid being cheerful at mass slaughter.

Vaukriel--Vaukriel is a skilled fight, and despite his frightening appearance, a good protector and friend. Still, he never really opens up, so who can know what lies in his heart. Sometimes appearances hide clues, and Nissa is well-aware that despite her personal tragedies, she still had a life that was pampered and wonderful, for the most part...surely Vaukriel has a past more awful than Nissa's.

Tempest--At first Nissa thought he was some kind of lizard or beetle with hair tufts, but eventually Nissa sorted out that Tempest is actually a monkey-man who somehow came to be covered in layered plates of buggy stuff. Also, he can glide, and he has the essence of air within him, which while not as lovely as elemental water, is at least better than fire. Perhaps because she agrees with him so much about experiencing new and capricious places, she can't help but get into vehement discussions with him about his (clearly false) conclusion that this requires a blind eye to treating others with respect and love.

Lupaz--Lupaz has to be the most depressing blink dog Nissa has ever seen. However, he may also be the wisest and most well-traveled. Most Blink Dogs live a carefree life, much like the one Nissa once lived when she was younger, and she remembered playing with some of the cutest Blink Dog puppies who were incredibly adorable when she was little...Why was Lupaz depressing then? He kind of reminds her of herself under Ananke's grasp, exuberant innocence transformed to fatalism and acceptance. Nissa doesn't care one whit about the rumours of bad luck to all those who associate with him--she's vowed to cheer Lupaz up no matter what...but is she really doing it for him or out of some kind of selfish desire to help herself by proxy, a doubting voice whispers to her at night.

Oobobooboo--It's an ooze. So weird...but it's so cute! And Miera absolutely adores it, if her empathic signals are any indication. Perhaps the little water aeon has found a kindred spirit?

Shayuri

First Post
Eee! Thanks greatly! I do have a bit more on Trebuchet that's come to me recently. I realized he's a little thin as is on explicit hooks, and motivation...so I fixed it!

Goals: Trebuchet has become increasingly interested in the now-forgotten culture that created him, in search of a more stable identity. By proxy, he's also started pursuing interests in other ancient cultures, as well as other constructs. As being a warmage is literally built into his body, it's unlikely he'll be multiclassing as an artificer, but he will undoubtedly have many questions for any artificers he meets. :) Thus, any mention of unusual constructs, or ruins/sources of knowledge about ancient times and places, will interest Trebuchet...just as those seeking to despoil such places and things will raise his ire.

Background Addenda: As the Kingdom of Knowledge has not been officially at war in some time, Trebuchet's main role in Taala's court was dual. He sometimes served as a sort of arcane bodyguard for important personages. Being unusually durable for a mage, almost impossible to distract or offend, and possessed of extraordinary firepower, he was well suited for such work. He also worked in conjunction with the staffers of the Antiquities Arcanum, a small and exclusive guild of historians and sages who, under the direct blessing of Taala, strived to unlock long lost secrets and magicks from the bones of bygone ages long since built over. It was here that Trebuchet gained his interest in his erstwhile creators and their kin, while affably allowing bearded men to peer up and down his mithril hide and sketch the runes and patterns inlaid thereon.

He served Taala out of expediency, and because he hoped to learn more of his past by cooperating with the researches upon him.

Suggestion for item: Perhaps something that's warforged only? A docent, or other warforged component? It could have been some mysterious artifact that the sages thought was broken, because they couldn't make it work even after they identified what it did. Then one day, some undergrad intern realized it looked a lot like a slot on Trebuchet's chestplate...

Just a thought. :)

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Isida]I missed something in adding the Demonic Wings graft from Fiend Folio, namely the DC 15 will save per day or take 1d3 wis damage and the -6 to charisma checks. hmm... I'd really like to keep the wings and I'm good with them slowly corrupting him, it'll be fun to play. But the -6 to Cha based skill checks is difficult. that and at per day wis damage he'll go mad pretty quick. Was thinking of an item to help get around the damage (healing better than 1/day) I had a bit of money towards the end that I spent on less important items (ring of magical might, potions, etc).

Can you help with the Cha penalty at all? or maybe eliminate it and change it to 1/week = 1d2 wis drain. that'll hurt pretty quick and be harder to heal.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Erekose]Can you afford a normal Wings of Flying and then just claim it's an evil graft? As for the Cha penalty--that sucks. You could I guess leave Diplomacy to Nissa if you wanted and buy a different skill?[/SBLOCK]

Mad Hatter

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
[SBLOCK=Erekose]Can you afford a normal Wings of Flying and then just claim it's an evil graft? As for the Cha penalty--that sucks. You could I guess leave Diplomacy to Nissa if you wanted and buy a different skill?[/SBLOCK]

Rystil and Erekose [sblock]Rystil, I think the Wings of Flying were errata'd to cost something like 22000 gp[/sblock]

Anywho, have fun guys!

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=MadHatter and Erekose]Zounds, that expensive? Ah right, flying became more expensive in 3.5 because of the way spells were changed around. In that case, the fiendish graft, being from 3.0, probably should have been errated to cost more also. Hmm...what about the Half-Fiend template for wings? Or Fiendish and Winged? I'm sure it's possible to artificially gain those templates or something.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads