• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anything Denser than Neutronium?

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
So as soon as you get it away from the neutron star that formed it it will dissipate into free neutrons. In essence, it's little more than freeze-dried radiation poisoning waiting to happen.
Feature, not a bug.

When the Neutronium Golem reaches zero hit points it immediately explodes in a cloud of radiant, necrotic poisonous energy. 30d6 damage in a 20 foot radius. B-)

Greenfield

Adventurer
Elements radio-decay into other elements. Elements have a half-life (meaning the time needed for half of the atoms in a given mass to radio-decay.)

Neutrons aren't an element, and don't radio-decay. They have no "half life", but remain neutrons pretty much forever.

The Red King

First Post
Elements radio-decay into other elements. Elements have a half-life (meaning the time needed for half of the atoms in a given mass to radio-decay.)

Neutrons aren't an element, and don't radio-decay. They have no "half life", but remain neutrons pretty much forever.

But a golem's worth of neutrons going through your body CAN'T be healthy.

Probably the effect of drinking a few gallons of Jolt and eating 30 or 40 orders of cheese fries or something.

the Jester

Legend
Once freed from the neutronium the neutrons have a half-life of 11 minutes. They're not going to fry more than spots on the planet with a line of sight to the explosion.

The real limit on the range of the neutron explosion is the ratio of the limited number of neutrons to the volume affected by the explosion.

That said, I'm no physicist- but would the mass necessarily escape as neutrons? I wonder if it might instead be a mix of different particles?

Oh?

Neutron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wikipedia said:
While bound neutrons in stable nuclei are stable, free neutrons are unstable; they undergo beta decay with a mean lifetime of just under 15 minutes (881.5±1.5 s)

The real limit on the range of the neutron explosion is the ratio of the limited number of neutrons to the volume affected by the explosion.

That said, I'm no physicist- but would the mass necessarily escape as neutrons? I wonder if it might instead be a mix of different particles?

Neutronium is just compressed neutrons. Release the pressure and they go flying with incredible velocity. Removing that pressure also allows them to decay.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads