D&D General Arby's branded polydice sell out in less than 2 hours

I'm curious as to how you determine the "coolness" of fast food restaurants.
I mean are you disputing the status of Arby's as basically "not cool"? Because that's a bold move, Cotton.

But more seriously I think it's something that's pretty easy to assess in broad terms from factors like pop-culture perceptions, age of clientele, hype/trends, and so on. On the flip side, it can change fairly rapidly and irony can make things exciting (though it isn't the force it once was).

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
What?????

Every other die aspires to be a d12.

Don't believe the lies and hype of Big Die(tm). They just want you using their spare d6s, are agreeing to use whatever d20s they happen to have handy.

Heck, they are more than happy to give you some of their spare caltrops that you can call a d4, and maybe they'll glue them together for you so that you can have a d8.

But there is no feeling like rolling that d12. Accept no substitute.
The only dice you ever really need are a d14 and a d15. Everything else is just decoration.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
The only dice you ever really need are a d14 and a d15. Everything else is just decoration.

Personally, I also need a d29.

How many times have you just rolled those two dice together for the multitude of 1-29 rolls that you need, only to realize ... DOH, d14+d15 is just not the same.

They have an Arby's logo in place of the 20. Just think, all those times when you excitedly and confidently announced "Natural 20" you instead could have been saying "Arby's logo... uh... I'm pretty sure that's the 20."

I'm curious as to how you determine the "coolness" of fast food restaurants.
I'm not sure how "cool" any of them are but Arby's being the worst fast food option was a running joke on both the Simpsons and the John Stewart era of the Daily Show. They evidently have a savvy social media operation now, so maybe amongst the tweet loving set they are some sort of cool, but to me they will always be summed up by:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
They have an Arby's logo in place of the 20. Just think, all those times when you excitedly and confidently announced "Natural 20" you instead could have been saying "Arby's logo... uh... I'm pretty sure that's the 20."

Okay. I hate to do this. Because once you see it, you can't ... unsee it.

images

Yep. Congratulations on rolling that 20. Because that's a, uh, hat.

Remove ads