• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arca Terra, Chapter One:

FloatingDisc

First Post
The kobold ducks under Bockum's out-stretched arm and comes up inside his guard, plunging his sword into Bockum's armpit and twisting the blade cruelly, illiciting a howl of pain from the brute.

(OOC - The kobold attacks with his encounter power, Torturous Strike, and rolls a critical hit (natural 20)! He automatically deals maximum damage = 6+6+4 for 16 damage total. Bockum is bloodied.)

Bockum staggers back, clutching at his new wound, then wheels about with a furious backhand blow, which again sails over the wiley kobold's head. "You slimey little toad! I'm gonna crush your puny brain into paste!" The kobold kisses a small charm that hangs from his neck, thanking the gods and wondering how much longer his luck can hold out.
"You'll have to catch me again first, Foxglove-scum!" the kobold retorts.

(OOC - Bockum attacks with his basic attack again, which misses (Total of 9 vs. AC 16))

Hearing his partner's anguish, Wattock is incensed, and leaps forward to attack Corrin! His shortsword darts out, but the cunning halfling dodges the blow easily. "Scrawny li'l mutt! I'm gonna tear yer gizzards out yer ear 'oles and tie 'em around me waist like a fetching belt!"

(OOC - Wattock and Corrin are too close together for him to charge, so he engages normally with his encounter power, Dazing Strike, but misses (Roll of 2 + 4 vs. AC 12) Is this your AC with no plate on? I'm guessing 10 + dex mod of 1?)

______________________|
|_|_|_|_|:eek:|_|:rant:|:cool:|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|:devil:|_|_ |_ |_|_|_|

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
OOC: I don't rightly know what his AC is without his plate. I don't actually know the stats for the items he has. He has a heavy shield though, and he does have a +1 dex modifier.

Corrin shakes his head at the stupid human. "Alright, I gave you a chance. Come then and fall by my blade."

OOC: Corrin will use Divine Challenge on Wattock. I don't really know how it all works but if he can attack in the same round he will do that as well. Erg, wasn't there a 4E primer thingie around here somewhere?

FloatingDisc

First Post
OOC: You can use a minor action, a move action and a standard action each round, in any order.

You can choose to take a second move action in place of a standard action.

Divine Challenge is a minor action, so you use that on Wattock first. Powers are all standard actions (there might be some exceptions) so you can also use one of your attacks as well as using Divine Challenge.

Dire Lemming

First Post
OOC: Ok... right I have to actually roll my attack...
Holy Strike: 1d20+5=10, 1d6+5=8

Corrin lift his shield towards the man's face in an attempt to distract him while he slips his sword toward's his abdomen in a thrusting attack.

FloatingDisc

First Post
OOC: The attack misses.

Wattock turns Corrin's blow aside and steadies himself, "Think ye're a bit of a lad, eh, runty? We'll soon see, won't we!" He strikes back with a clumsy swipe that clangs harmlessly off Corrin's shield.

OOC: Attack roll 2 + 4 = 6 vs. AC 12 misses

The kobold meanwhile is locked in battle with Bockum. He calls out to Corrin "There's still time to save y'self, friend! I'll not blame ye for it!" He deftly encircles Bockum, then leaps and slashes his foe in the face, leaving a ragged, open wound down the man's face. Bockum clutches at his face, screaming and turns to run. The kobold aims a slash at the man's retreating back but misses. "That's right, run, ye cowardly dog!"

Bockum makes it to the fence at the end of the alley and, with some effort, manages to heave himself over it, leaving a bloody smear on the wooden slats. You hear his footsteps slowly fade. He is headed in the direction of the docks.

OOC: The kobold uses Deft Strike to move before attacking. He gets 15+4 which hits, and he deals a total of 10 damage, bringing Bockum to just 1 hit point. With the kobold on the other side of Wattock, you are both flanking him and both have combat advantage against him, granting a +2 bonus to hit.

______________________|
|_|_|_|_|:eek:|:rant:|:cool:|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_ |_ |_|_|_|

Dire Lemming

First Post
"I'm not the one in need of saving here." Corrin replies grimly, keeping the pressure on the human. He tries again to get past his defenses.

OOC: oog, this is more like it... Holy Strike: 1d20+5=25, 1d6+5=11

Last edited:

FloatingDisc

First Post
OOC: Nice! Crits in 4E just deal max damage, so you get 11 damage.

Corrin's blade sinks deep into the thug's stomach, and as he draws it out, a fine spray of blood is accompanied by a sickly glooping sound, and a length of Wattock's intestine spools out on the coblestones. He shrieks briefly then whimpers at the sight of his own innards, and collapses to his knees.

The kobold quickly follows up the halfling's attack with a blow to the back of the man's head from his sword pommel, and Wattock collapses to the ground, unconscious. "Ye're mighty handy with a sword there, friend, and I don't mind saying that I owe you my life." He wipes a blood-spattered hand on his leather cuirasse and extends it towards you. "The name's Sul-Mahat. What's your name friend?"

FloatingDisc

First Post
A quick description of your newfound friend.

The tiny kobold looks up at you through heavy-lidded eyes, clearly exhausted. He is breathing hard, and furtively looking up the alleyway in case anyone has seen the encounter. The entire affair took place in mere seconds, and it appears the mob out in the street is still conveniently distracted by the antics of the guardsmen and the feuding merchants.

The kobold is barely three and half feet tall, covered in dull grey-green scales. He wears a tight-fitting cuirasse of leather armour and loose black cotton trousers, with a black sash around his waist, to which he returns his sword. A crude spaulder made of overlapping hammered-out iron plate covers one shoulder, held on by a leather strap around his shoulders and beneath the armpit.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Corrin grasps the outstretched hand and shakes it vigorously. "Name's Corrin. Corrin Reedson. Pleasure to meet you." He glances down at the dying human and kicks away his sword. "Hm, it's a nasty wound but I think I can save him." He crouches next to his fallen foe and works to repack the rogue organs and stop the bleeding. "I think he's learned a valuable lesson, don't you?"

OOC: Heal 1d20+8=15

Last edited:

FloatingDisc

First Post
OOC: Not sure how much more I'll be able to post today, but this will probably be the last one :[ I've had a great time though, so thanks a lot! I can resume tomorrow morning.

Corrin succeeds in saving the life of the thug, and the man groans faintly but remains unconscious.

"Ye're a good man, Corrin Reedson, with a good heart to boot. Ye risked yer own neck helping me and I'll not forget it. But you've put yourself in something of a prediciment, now that ol' Bockum, the one who escaped, has seen your face. If you'd survive, you'd best come with me. Of course, I'll not order ye around, but I'd bet you'd not survive another day with that brute Bockum running around."

To be continued...

Remove ads