Arcana of The Ancients: 5E Sci-Fantasy From Monte Cook Games Launches On KS

Monte Cook Games' 5E "Science Fantasy Sourcebook", Arcana of the Ancients, has launched on Kickstarter.

Monte Cook Games' 5E "Science Fantasy Sourcebook", Arcana of the Ancients, has launched on Kickstarter.

a85679dec8265e58ed2e2efe15e18765_original.jpg

"Arcana of the Ancients is a sourcebook for 5th edition players and GMs to bring the wonders of mysterious technology and weird science-fantasy elements to their traditional fantasy campaigns. Designed by Monte Cook, Bruce R. Cordell, and Sean K. Reynolds, all of whom have years of professional design experience working on the world's most popular roleplaying game, this gorgeously illustrated hardcover sourcebook gives you everything you need to add a whole new element to your 5E game."

It's $50 for the hardcover, or $20 for the PDF. If you want to play Numenera with the 5E rules, this looks like the way you'd do that.

lkj

Hero
I am trying very hard to be fiscally responsible and not jump back in on the Every PDF level....

But going with the 'Every PDF' level is fiscally responsible. It would only be irresponsible to go in at the 'all in' $160 level. Even though that level is turning into a great deal.

I am not biased by wanting more people to sign up to hit more stretch goals in any way. Nope. Not me.

AD

gyor

Legend
In roughly the final hour I upped my pledge to every PDF.

So I'm getting Arcana of the Ancients (I figure it's like a mix of PHB, DMG, and AP for Numenera), Under the Monolith (Kind of like a FRCG & SCAG for the 9th world, a Setting Guide with players opinions including races), an AP book, Beasts of Flesh and Steel (a MM but with a cooler name, 150 Monsters in it, I hope some of them will be playable), Jade Collossus a mixed AP and DMG type book, and a 5e translation guide to it.

I have no idea what to expect, this was an impulse buy. Still logically spread over 5 books (I only count JC & its tranlation guide as 1 book), that is $16 CAD, not bad for 5 fair sized books.

Still crazy thing to do, especially when I already kickstarter pledged to the CoD Contagion Chronicles (a RPG Crossover Supplement and companion books for the Chronicles of Darkness) and Subversion by FOW Studios (an Adult RPG video game that will mix Tactical RPG gameplay, SHTUMP Gameplay, and Massive Effect exploration).

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads