D&D 5E Are You Excited about Tomb of Annihilation?

Paraxis

Explorer
Less excited now that they have explained it is for only levels 1-11.

It will depend on how well the hex crawling part of the adventure is for me to want to purchase it.

jimmytheccomic

First Post
I'm jazzed for it!
Seems like it's going to have a solid mix of outdoor exploration, some quirky NPCs, and a dungeon crawl they put some love into, it seems like they put care into making sure it covered the "Three Pillars".

After my players came dangerously close to beating Tomb of Horrors, they're all anxious to take him down a peg- I'm going to find a way to add in elements from the third and fourth edition Acecerak adventures to let them finally bring him down. (The third edition storyline was about Acecerak working on a plan to be able to take control of all undead- this campaign can be his first phase of that plan, where he's making more undead to possess :) )

I depends on how easy it is to adapt for use in an Eberron game. On the face of it, it seems like you could set it in the Stormwreck Bay region of Khorvair, and replace Acererak with Erandis Vol. We'll see. :erm:

hawkeyefan

Legend
Chult is one of the major locations in my campaign, and I've been using many of the classic D&D villains, and wondering what to do with Acererak.....so this looks like a no-brainer for me. It has lots of elements that I think are interesting. Notably, the bit about resurrection magic. Should be cool.

aco175

Legend
I'm on the fence. I should ask the players. I think that most will not like the idea and think it is too far from what we typically play.

Remove ads