Pathfinder 2E Are you moving from 5E to PF2?

JesterOC

Explorer
Half and Half.
It is hard to say with 100% certainty but the plan is group that has played the most 5e will be switching, the group that has played the least D&D (and it was their first table top RPG game) will be sticking with 5e.

The more I participate in discussions the more I might buy the book. I know it will never be played, unless i strike out on my own and get lucky enough to find a group (highly unlikely in my area). I do want to read through it though.

Lucas Yew

Explorer
Moving. It's at least a bit more better on PC-NPC Asymmetry in that the proficiency scales with (static) character levels not (floating) CRs. And high levels playing like supers among the masses. And a whole lot of options. And finally, guaranteed to be nearly fully OGL.

Staffan

Legend
My crew will be giving it a shot (another player has volunteered to run it), but I seriously doubt it will replace 5e. At best, it will become one of the additional games we're rotating between.

jib916

Explorer
Yes.

Started with 4e, but my first love was Pathfinder (1) . The adventures, and lore won me over. The complexity and broken things towards the end of its life cycle made me move over to 5e, witch I do enjoy for it ease of use and abilty to pick up for new players, though, getting a little bored with the lack of options and its light release schedule.

Looking forward to getting back to my roots and giving PF2 a try. Loving everything I am reading about it so far!

DM Howard

Explorer
I’ll be moving. A friend is bringing me back a copy from Gen Con for my birthday. I have pledged to run a campaign as I used to be the 5E champion in my group of friends (they mainly played PF1) and PF2 seems the best option as support for PF1 will inevitably fall away. 5E does not provide enough depth for me, and I think PF2 will provide a perfect compromise, along with having a greater amount of materials produced for it.

Last edited:

Remove ads