D&D General Are You Ready For A "New" D&D?

Are You Ready For A "New" D&D

• No, I am Happy With The Choices I Have

Votes: 71 55.5%
  • Yes, I Want a Truly "New" Version of D&D

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • It's Complicated...

Votes: 32 25.0%

Raith5

Adventurer
Yes, I would like something significantly new. I would need something significantly new in 5.5e to be worth buying it.

I have played 5e a lot and I really enjoyed it. It certainly where I would point new RPG players but I really need something with more complicated character building and tactical combat. I am actually preparing to play Pathfinder 2e so I will see if I regret my choices!

I started later in the 5th Ed because I had to await the translations. Then it is relatively soon for a new edition.

And I am more interested into the return of "old classic" like the no-core dragons, and those classes with special game mechanics: vestige pact binders, ki martial adepts, incarnum soulmelders or psionic manifesters.

My suggestion is WotC working in a no fantasy TTRPG, for example a new edition of Gamma World.

wedgeski

Adventurer
I'm happy with the game as it stands. I want as few structural changes as possible in the next iteration--I want the feeling of an invigorating refresh, but with all the promised continuity to keep my 5E collection relevant (three-qurters of which I have yet to run). I want it all.

ThorinTeague

Creative/Father/Professor
I think the whole "we've got to kill support for this game so that we can create a new game with the old game's branding and call it a new 'edition'" model of ttrpg creation is terrible. I would like to see every game get refined through several iterative editions (what the word "edition" means in most contexts) until it eventually was "finished" with a core that just remained stable and supported until there were no longer the players to justify publishing anything for it. If people are ready for a new
Allow me to introduce you to Games Workshop.... 😆😜

Nobody but nobody milks editing game mechanics for cash like GW.

5e is the perfect DnD foundation for me. And over the years I've been gradually more disappointed as nothing ever got build onto that foundation. It's basically just been 9 years of subclass/species spam, and that's it.

I just want 5e with more GM tools/support and a few more classes. But it seems that's never going to happen.

delericho

Legend
For OneD&D, I'm happy with them tweaking the existing game, but I'd also be happy with a true 6e. And, honestly, I'd be happy with them not doing it at all. It's all good.

For D&D-like games... actually, I don't want a D&D-like game. I've come to the conclusion that there are some elements of D&D's design that are truly sacred cows but are actually holding the game back (the specific set of 6 ability scores being the obvious example). So any new D&D is stuck with them, but a new not-D&D game would be better off dropping them and doing something else. And that means the new game would indeed be not-D&D, rather than a "new D&D" in any sense.

cranberry

Adventurer
I think 5E with some tweaks would be good, but at this point, I'm trying to transition to other systems. Primarily PF, but we'll also try FallOut 2d20 and maybe Call of Cthulhu.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases