D&D 5E ASCENSION, The Codex of Exalted, Book 1: Players Guide

dave2008

Legend
What I mean is Immortals vs Gods. It creates a setting whereby both can interrelate more readily, and coexist with less fighting.
So in your mind, what are you trying to create with your ascended beings, more akin to Stargate, or cosmic ascended? I think that may help?
I realized that as I was typing; however, in my system there is no conflict because there is no difference. Immortals = gods. I mean there is conflict between gods and gods and other exalted. But in terms of mystara Immortals = Gods in this work
Hope your personal stuff works out mate, really do.
Me too!

dave2008

Legend
So in your mind, what are you trying to create with your ascended beings, more akin to Stargate, or cosmic ascended? I think that may help?
To be clear, most gods/exalted are not ascended beings. The vast majority have always being exalted. So the amount of ascended entities is quite small. So I would say they are more cosmic in nature. I mean an overgod is virtually omniscient within a plane and can be anywhere within that plane instantly. I.e. it can make a melee attack anywhere within the plane. Does that answer your question?

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
As you mentioned essence, perhaps Aetaltis books may help? It has essence, which has different flavours, personal, core, corrupted, and dark essence.
Perhaps, I've already got the "flavors" if you will, but it is always good to have more inspiration - thanks!

dave2008

Legend
OK, inspired by some recent activity on this page I am going to get back to work! One of the first things I am going to do is delete a lot of fluff. Initially I was writing this like a book and wanted engaging language. However, as I started to struggle (personally and with this project) the need to have interesting writing was bogging me down and hampering the finalization of the mechanics. Therefor, the first thing I am going to do is strip this down to the bare essentials. The flowery language & explanations can come later. I wanted to get things figure out as soon as possible, and focusing on the mechanics is the way to go forward. So bare with me as I get things going again!

PS I have saved all of the current content and will put back (w/ updates) when I get the mechanics finalized or close to that.

Last edited:

Rogerd1

Adventurer
I just purchased the second book yesterday, Planes of Possibility.

Then re-reading some of the first book today kinda felt really relevant to what you're doing, with Primal energy being what deities use, and coupled with the ideas of metaplanes.

This helped me with my stuff, and I hope this helps you with yours?

dave2008

Legend
I just purchased the second book yesterday, Planes of Possibility.

Then re-reading some of the first book today kinda felt really relevant to what you're doing, with Primal energy being what deities use, and coupled with the ideas of metaplanes.

This helped me with my stuff, and I hope this helps you with yours?
Yes, I have Primal Order (WotC first RPG product I believe) and it is one of the influences for my work. I don't think I have any of the other books - yet!

EDIT: DriveThru says I have already purchase them all - I guess I just haven't read them them yet (except Primal Order).

Remove ads