• 22-24

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • 25-27

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 28+

Votes: 3 0.8%

nHammer

First Post
I was 14. I've been gaming for 18 years. The first rpg I played in wasn't D&D. A classmate made up some rules for a Doctor Who game. (I was a side kick)

I suddenly feel old.:(

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
You know, I can't think of anything (including that word) in Dragon that would have had my parents taking the game away, even when I was 8.

Ranes

Adventurer
Just a thought: When I worked for a company in the industry during the late eighties, its market research suggested that the average consumer of its products was 16 years old. Nevertheless, the design philosophy was to write for intelligent consumers in their mid-twenties. It was a very successful approach for the company in question and one that I suspect can still work for publishers today.

Last edited:

optimizer

First Post
Howdy!

I started playing when I received the original Basic D&D set for my 17th birthday. Prior to that I was playing AH wargames. I became interested in D&D because of the supplements to OD&D on a rack in the game store that I frequented at the time -- they looked very interesting when I thumbed through them.

Mike

CrusaderX

First Post
I started around 11 or 12 years of age (1981-82) with the Basic rules set (purple box with the green dragon on the cover) and the Keep on the Borderlands module.

Gossamerblade

First Post
I'm one of the very few 28+ votes.

When D&D first came out, I was totally fascinated. But, as a child in rural central Ga., there was just nobody else to game with.

So, when I started dating a gamer (many years later), I insisted that he introduce me to his gaming group. I married him, of course, and have been playing ever since.

Last edited:

Remove ads