[AU] Lost Dreams: The Stone Troll

GladiusNP

First Post
Aadin Lofgred, 3rd Level Human Runethane

As Kalythar finishes his meditation, Aadin looks up from his study of Lothan's Treatise, and casually puffs out a cloud of smoke. Gingerly climbing to his feet, he walks towards the pale Litorian, and says quietly,

"Hold on Kalythar, I fear there are more Rhodin about - you may need some protection."

He carefully inscribes a figure on the Litorian's upper arm. The sigil glows a dull crimson.

"I hope that's of some help... I'm afraid I'll be somewhat useless if we are attacked again."

He chews at his pipe stem, and draws deeply, frowning at his pipe. The light drizzle makes it hard to keep the pipe lit, but Aadin seems to draw some comfort from it. He stares somewhat pensively into the darkness of the grasslands.

Erekose13

Explorer
It doesn't take long to get everyone ready to head up the hill. Once the equipment has been packed into the other trailer, a quiet word to the horses from Lemm gets them moving again. You lead them as best as you can around the bodies of the fallen. It is really dark out at the moment, not even the light of the moon pierces the heavy clouds. The light rain continues, adding to the dreary scene. As you near the top of the hill Rinaldo stops and stiffens, sniffing the air. Off to one side of the road you see a few trees clumped together, it is in that direction that Rinaldo is aimed.

As you all watch the small copse a large figure emerges from behind it. In the dim light all you can see is its sillouette, which is much darker than the trees it now stands in from of. A smaller creature stands behind it for a few moments then dissapears back into the trees. The larger creature appears to be moving in your direction, and from Kalythar's better sight he reports that the creature looks like a large simian creature, but its dull black skin looks far more like stone than anything else.

It is still about 80 yards away giving each of you plenty of time to react.

GladiusNP

First Post
Aadin Lofgred, 3rd Level Human Runethane

Aadin grimaces when he sights the creature.

"I had hoped for some respite," he mutters to no one in particular. His hand steals up to his cheek, touching the rune tattooed there. Planting both of his feet in the ground, he speaks in draconic, the syllables coming from his mouth with ease.

"Oak Tree"
He says, in a low voice, activating the Wooden Bracer of Tem'nar that he wears.

"Should we ask its purpose?" He queries the others, ready for action.

DrSpunj

Explorer
Kalythar, Litorian Mage Blade 3

Somewhat reassured by whatever protection the blood-colored rune offers, Kalythar nods appreciatively at Aadin before responding. "Kelsis, you recoginized those rhodin well enough. What do you make of this one? And any one care to lay odds on whether it's friend or foe?"

While speaking Kalythar gets his bow out, nocks an arrow and moves to stand just in front of the horses, a bit to the right. He doesn't aim the bow threateningly, but is tense to respond quickly if the creature makes any threatening moves.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Kelsis the Bright-Eyed, female sibeccai akashic

*Kelsis ponders, trying to figure out what this creature might be.*

"I think it's some kind of summoned earthen creature. Maybe the rhodin had a shamen watching them. Be careful, they can be dangerous and are rather strong," she says, laying her ranseur at her feet for quick pick-up and knocking an arrow. If she gets a clear shot at it behaving in an aggressive manner, she'll take it.

Last edited:

DrSpunj

Explorer

"Well, anyone wanna try talking to it? I sure as hell don't know what to say. Or maybe a couple of us should rush that copse of trees looking for the shaman while the others dance with the rock guy?"

Kalythar isn't going to attack first, but he keeps his bow ready as before, and will fire if the elemental makes any threatening moves.

Erekose13

Explorer
The creature is now about 60 yards away and moving quickly towards you. You can no longer see the smaller creature that ran off behind the trees.

Init
Kelsis
Korwin
Gren
Aadin
Kalythar
Elemental

Seeing that it is not stopping, Kelsis, Korwin, Gren and Kalythar all take aim and fire their ranged weapons. Kelsis, Korwin, and Gren all miss their target, but Kalythar's arrow hits [ooc:hit Elemental, 6 dmg]

DrSpunj

Explorer

"Ha! First blood! Er, dirt! Who wants to dance with the rock man & I? Everyone else, get the guy in the trees!"

Kalythar drops his bow, draws Glacial Wind and twists his tongue around words difficult to hear and quickly forgotten while moving the point of his athame in rhythm with the chant.

[ooc: Casting a heightened Bash]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Kelsis the Bright-Eyed, female sibeccai akashic

"I'm fast, I'll get the little one," Kelsis says, and then pelts off in the direction where she last saw the small figure going. She will attempt to avoid the elemental for now. She has her bow in one hand and her ranseur in the other.

Remove ads